Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

4 hours ago, adam67 said:

Saudi's I work with don't seem to get excited about Al-Ettifaq. Mostly all glory hunt the top European clubs Barca/Real/PSG.

Its hard work having a conversation about football here at the moment, Messi is shit now as he didn't sign for a Saudi club! Newcastle allegedly will win everything next season as well. They think they will/can buy any player from Europe/prem and in 5 years the established leagues around the world will be begging for their players.  I gave up even trying to explain how state owning 4 League clubs doesn't make for a very competitive league,  as the Saudi way of making things happen is just keep throwing money at it, until they get bored and move on to the next project.

I'm sick of them constantly telling me Aston Villa are shit but haven't ever watched us play.

To them we are, all that matters is first place!

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

14 hours ago, adam67 said:

Saudi's I work with don't seem to get excited about Al-Ettifaq. Mostly all glory hunt the top European clubs Barca/Real/PSG.

Its hard work having a conversation about football here at the moment, Messi is shit now as he didn't sign for a Saudi club! Newcastle allegedly will win everything next season as well. They think they will/can buy any player from Europe/prem and in 5 years the established leagues around the world will be begging for their players.  I gave up even trying to explain how state owning 4 League clubs doesn't make for a very competitive league,  as the Saudi way of making things happen is just keep throwing money at it, until they get bored and move on to the next project.

I'm sick of them constantly telling me Aston Villa are shit but haven't ever watched us play.

Please show them us smashing Newcastle 4-0

8 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

🤡 Murphy calls him a coach, the fella has never coached anything in his life

Murphy would struggle to spell A!  Absolute tool.

22 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

He just found out it wasn't one of the teams with a bottomless pit of money

i genuinely believe there's some truth in this. the rest of the saudi teams are just going to get pounded week in week out by the PIF lot

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/06/2023 at 17:02, Giro said:

Murphy is a clown 🤡 

I mean, I don't disagree necessarily, but why here? I thought this was an interesting discussion. I guess in modern boring parlance, someone has to get DESTROYED or OWNED before a simple conversation becomes interesting.

Â