Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

5 hours ago, Mantis said:

I honestly can't think of any other former Villa manager that would've done something so childish after being sacked by us, no matter what the circumstances.

He'll probably be applying for the small heath job next 

I cannot believe any clubs would employ him. I don't think he'll work again.

He brings nothing.

His only hope is to find a great #2 who has zero interest in ever being a manager. Don't think there's many of them around. Not the real hands-on training ground guys, they all eventually want to manage.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He brings nothing.

His only hope is to find a great #2 who has zero interest in ever being a manager. Don't think there's many of them around. Not the real hands-on training ground guys, they all eventually want to manage.

His ego wont allow him work at a smaller club either. His level if generous is somewhere like Tranmere 

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

He brings nothing.

what are you on about??, he brings the.......

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

His ego wont allow him work at a smaller club either. His level if generous is somewhere like Tranmere 

Aren’t Tranmere still a league club? I think you’re doing them a disservice there mate. 

His level is somewhere between the Dog and Duck and the Small Heath blinders. 

Just now, useless said:

Don't know how reliable but have seen a few tweets suggesting he's in talks to manage in Saudi, could be good for us if we wish to unload a few players.

I'm not sure even Coutinho would fancy playing under him again

19 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He brings nothing.

Gary Mac will probably just follow him again as assistant.

He'll pop up somewhere next season so get the popcorn ready.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Gary Mac will probably just follow him again as assistant.

He'll pop up somewhere next season so get the popcorn ready.

Perhaps but that'll be a disaster if it's Championship or up.

Teams are too good now. Too switched on. 'Tiny' clubs like Luton have realised you're better spending £500k on recruitment research than £500k on player salaries; and they're absolutely flying.

5 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

What a great way to showcase his much lauded 'winners mentality'.

He will make a truck load of cash, but he can basically rule out ever managing his beloved Liverpool.  Although that was essentially ruled out the moment he took the Villa job.  

I'm sure he'll get 'moments of magic' out of whatever "soon-to-be-retired" player looking for a final pay day they sign for him.

Edited by duke313

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

the funny thing is is that this isn't one of the clubs the PIF recently bought so they've not got silly money or any of the good players

Just now, tomav84 said:

the funny thing is is that this isn't one of the clubs the PIF recently bought so they've not got silly money or any of the good players

Be funny when Stevie shows up and finds out they have a budget similar to Partick Thistle 🤣

Â