Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

officially done with him now, I saw nothing last night in a game where we should be taking 3 points to suggest he has any sort of tactical ability to move this team on. His comments post match are laughable

If the board do not act swiftly we are at risk of dropping more points that may well be needed come the end of the season. Atmosphere at VP will be even more toxic if he is around much longer

How about being 5th placed in the league with 173 crosses and 7 goals this season.

That's nearly 25 crosses per goal.

You would think some bright spark looking at the stats might say to the manager 'Hey Steve, do you think we might want to try something different?'

Edited by Mister_a

The owners haven't got a clue about football, that's their weakness. They ain't stupid, they will know performances aren't good enough currently but they will be fed nonsense about the side adapting to a new style of play, injuries to key signings, attacking players being out of form which will turn-around at some point etc. and i don't think they will have the knowledge/experience to say nah that's bollox. Again, they ain't blind but can they decipher between the coaching and playing style being shit as opposed to players underperforming as the manager professes? I know i've regularly watched American sports for quite a few years now and still can't with those!

Just now, Mister_a said:

How about being 5th placed in the league with 173 crosses and 7 goals this season.

That's 24 crosses per goal.

You would think some bright spark looking at the stats might say to the manager 'Hey Steve, do you think we might want to try something different?'

Wasnt it something line 17 crosses yesterday with only one being successful ? Bit like against Bournemouth 

14 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Love this tweet.....

Is personality doesn't bother me in the slightest, I don't watch or listen to interviews

Its purely a football thing

I hope theres nothing lined up to the tune of we didn't take to him because he's a scouser or because of rangers or anything like that because it's bollocks

• Like 1

He’s broken us hasn’t he?  All the good work done before by Smith is gone.

However, are we beyond repair? I would like to think not.

I live in hope that a decision to remove Gerrard is made sooner rather than later.

C’mon NSWE, you’re our only hope.

2 minutes ago, villanmac said:

The owners haven't got a clue about football, that's their weakness. They ain't stupid, they will know performances aren't good enough currently but they will be fed nonsense about the side adapting to a new style of play, injuries to key signings, attacking players being out of form which will turn-around at some point etc. and i don't think they will have the knowledge/experience to say nah that's bollox. Again, they ain't blind but can they decipher between the coaching and playing style being shit as opposed to players underperforming as the manager professes? I know i've regularly watched American sports for quite a few years now and still can't with those!

I agree, and they’re great examples of the “no excuse culture” that Gerrard has successfully implemented. 

• Haha 1

Why are there no worrying concerns from the club and why are they so quiet with what is happening in front of our eyes which are abysmal performances with a top half quality side… we need to be hearing something im not amused :(

Its pretty unanimous amongst the entire fanbase now. Its time to act, maybe he’ll get to oversee the loss to Chelsea but I expect it will happen by this time next week. Away fans have turned, he had the home fans boo him off after West Ham. Its been an unmitigated failure on every level. He’s been unlucky with injuries granted but even before then we’ve rarely been good to watch. Brought a lot of high earners in too.

A big scouse wrecking ball has come in and completely destroyed the foundations that were put in place before him.

That post match interview on sky sports last night should be a sackable offence on its own. A few podcasters picked up on it too, its just him basically admitting he has no clue and just hopes for a bit of magic from his forward thinking players. He’s not even hiding the fact theres no plan. He still thinks that dogshit system he used to beat Kilmarnock and Cowdenbeath is the way forward in the PL. Just get this clown gone, it makes me angry to see what damage hes done to this club in record time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â