Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, villanmac said:

Season **** because we need a CB and a centre mid in the next 10 days but we can't give him any money as we'll be sacking him early September.

We have 2 very capable centre midfielders already not getting on the pitch. Arguable both better than the ones starting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

There are obviously issues with the squad but it was mostly this same squad which looked largely solid when Gerrard first came in. You could see what we were trying to do there. For whatever reason things have just been downhill since the middle/end of last season. I'm confident that a semi-competent manager would at least be able to get us looking like a mid-table side instead of a relegation one.

Nope it's all on the coaching. Blaming the squad is a cop out

Brighton or Brentford are much better coached with players not as good

Those first games was a new manager bounce

• Like 3

Oh then city

Make that three tonkings

Im pretty sure unless a miracle happens he will be sacked in the next 3 games as we wilm be in the relegation zone with 4 losses out of 5

Edited by Demitri_C

It's making sense now....The reason we have no identity, is because Gerrard stole it. 

Seriously though, it cannot be long before Nas and Wes call time on Purslow's project and expect a little better for their outlay. The squad is better than this. 

Just now, Zatman said:

Nope it's all on the coaching. Blaming the squad is a cop out

Brighton or Brentford are much better coached with players not as good

Those first games was a new manager bounce

I wasn't blaming the squad? In fact I was largely making the argument that it is indeed on the coaching?

2 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Season **** because we need a CB and a centre mid in the next 10 days but we can't give him any money as we'll be sacking him early September.

I was thinking is this the reason he ain't getting money, cause the owners have lost faith in him already.

I'm just sad that Villa have indulged in this football nepotism for lack of a better word, where famous ex-players are gifted huge jobs that they are clearly unqualified for. We wasted a year on an experiment that Stevie Wonder could see was likely never going to work out. Dean Smith had to go, but not for this ffs.

• Like 1

What is depressing about life in general, with all the crises go on around us in parallel, is the fact that he will probably be 'given  enough time to turn it around' because it would be too shameful to admit it's already not working out, despite it being obvious that is the case.

This situation is so very Aston Villa. As ever, a fake, pathetic, half arsed pretence instead of the organic growth, long term approach.

Three points from a possible nine so far this season.  Beating a pretty awful Everton side.

Really tough games coming up against West Ham and Arsenal next up.

Can’t see our points total being any better after five games. 

I think he has lost the dressing room, look at the players body language, I think they are doing what they are asked but also recognise that it just isn’t working.

I also find the lack of ins and outs quite telling, like Lange/Purslow down trust his opinion.

Nothing worse than continuously doing what you know doesn’t work.  We are predictable and wide open game on game.   Liverpool can do that as they have a potent front 6, we are not offensively or defensively strong enough to play the only system he appears to know.

The fact he cannot see that is will be what sees us down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

What is depressing about life in general, with all the crises go on around us in parallel, is the fact that he will probably be 'given  enough time to turn it around' because it would be too shameful to admit it's already not working out, despite it being obvious that is the case.

This situation is so very Aston Villa. As ever, a fake, pathetic, half arsed pretence instead of the organic growth, long term approach.

We had organic growth and a long term approach.

And then he was panic sacked to get a big name in.

• Like 1

It all feels inevitable this. He doesn’t deserve any more time - he had most of last season and a pre season and we look worse now than under Deano with better players. There’s no way back for him - fans have turned. It was a luke warm reaction to his appointment but he has done absolutely nothing to win the fans over. Add into the mix signing players like Digne and Coutinho on big wages approaching 30 and we will reel from this stupid **** appointment for some time yet. 

Edited by Villa87
  • Like 1

It seems to me the whole captaincy shambles from him as caused some major problems

Giving it the big bollocks im the boss and making a example of mings.  Its absolutely backfired on him.

Respect for what he did as a player but as a manager he is dreadful

• Like 2

Â