Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

6 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Mouth-watering! 9TH!! If we somehow achieve this miracle I'll paint AV across the front of the house just like my dad did back in '82. Good times are here again...

I'll bet he was popular, with the neighbours.

lets be brutally honest, if it werent for Gerrard (also NWSE ofc willing to back the club), but in terms of having the money AND being able to persuade Couts to come here, it would have happened without Gerrard.

fair play.

• Like 2

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Someone please please please **** tell me why he keeps playing players that aren't performing.

Absolute clown.

Because they are the best players at his disposal (in his opinion) and he has only been given a winter transfer window to get players in that he wants…

Lets look forwards to the summer

Since we will sadly keep him on this summer that the backroom team is looked at by the board and Lange. I think he has surrounded himself with McAllister who seems like a yes man and Beale who might be inexperienced or out of his depth 

I hope somebody more experienced or qualified is brought into babysit

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

It won't ever happen but I really hope we look for another manager in the summer. Call me reactionary, call me fickle. Happy to have a dialogue if people disagree. All of the criticism aimed at him from the Rangers fans are ringing true and it's not good enough. We shouldn't need another 100m to put in a decent performance here and there and finish top half.

What was the criticism from Rangers fans? The team he won the league with, unbeaten?

• Like 2

We are plodding along. Never going to convince me that a lot of managers out there couldn't get a lot more out of the players we have. 

We went with a big name, very expensive rookie which might work out perhaps.

Still feel we could have gotten someone a more finished article for the money we are paying thou.

Bring on next season and hopefully less of the same.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

What was the criticism from Rangers fans? The team he won the league with, unbeaten?

They were upset that, whilst they improved in all facets year on year, his accent remained the same and the cardboard cut outs were too expensive.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I'll judge him next season. He'll be here then so all the people hoping/wishing we change managers this summer are going to disappointed. 

Lets see how we start next season. 

I don't think anyone is expecting Gerrard to depart before next season. 

Fast forward to Aug 6 

"It's one game" 

"The players haven't gelled" 

Or Even 

"Gomez is injured" 😃

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Ok, devils advocate here, but we finished 11th last season, probably similar this season. Doesn't that suggest the ceiling has been reached with a number of players? 

Are we guilty of overrating our players? Perhaps the bulk are mid table fodder. 

Good point. And don’t forget we had £100m Jack Grealish for well over half our games last season. Gerrard has managed to get the same level of performance from a Grealish-less squad. It hasn’t been great but you feel at least he has managed to get the plane out of the tailspin and get us flying reasonably stable again.

• Like 3

Â