The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

Stevie **** G, no thank you. 

He might be a good manager but it's too soon for our club. He needs the ten years of graft first. 

You don't employ a pilot thats qualified for two years to fly a A380. You get a seasoned pilot thats got years of experience knowing how to deal with every situation. 

Ever since someone mentioned Ten Hag everyone else seems disappointing. So whoever that was, **** you too 😂

Edited by Lord Willard
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Disagree with both of these points. He had clearly reached his ceiling.

And it is not the first bad run. There have been others; some performances have been worrying for some time.

There have been a number of things that have indicated that Smith was out of ideas and out of his depth. Smith would have taken us down.

Purslow had no choice, and acted correctly.

image.png.2989969d542d782e0f2f9eb4c5ffb4f7.png

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Disagree with both of these points. He had clearly reached his ceiling.

And it is not the first bad run. There have been others; some performances have been worrying for some time.

There have been a number of things that have indicated that Smith was out of ideas and out of his depth. Smith would have taken us down.

Purslow had no choice, and acted correctly.

giphy.gif

56 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I think Gerrards the type of manager/player you hate when he’s against you but love him when he’s for you. You can guarantee he’s going to demand performances and he knows how to win football matches. 

No one can be sure, of anyone, its all pure conjecture.

but for me Stevie G looks like the deliberate man, a man who can  deliver. He would raise the profile and I think he would rally the troops....I also think he would sort out midfield, the engine room of Deans demise imo.

I think he is the type to say, "this train's leaving the station, you are either on it or not".....now the work starts.

short on experience, sure but that can be overstated, Neil Warnock is the most experienced around....no ,I didn't think so.

If its not Stevie G......then it has to be a winner, with a similar ilk.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

spacer.png

that’s him celebrating imagine where he’s gonna shove that beautifully tattooed arm when the ref bottles another VAR call against us.

Think he was involved in the Nice Marseille punchup a few weeks ago

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Contrary to belief, I actually don't think Deano had/has " reached his ceiling " at all.

I just don't think we had the time to wait for him to perfect his craft and gain the experience, at the expense or results, in this climate.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him go on to be a top Manager, but there are undoubtedly things he needs to work on ( IMO ) and experience he needs to gain.

I don't think he will ever finish higher than he did last season personally. That isn't to say he won't improve his craft though.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Beastmix said:

He looks like that Paul Hollywood bloke off the baking show.

Can see there being a few issues to sort out around the backroom team.

Mind you, Noel Fielding as set piece coach couldn't be any worse than what we have currently

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Contrary to belief, I actually don't think Deano had/has " reached his ceiling " at all.

I just don't think we had the time to wait for him to perfect his craft and gain the experience, at the expense or results, in this climate.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him go on to be a top Manager, but there are undoubtedly things he needs to work on ( IMO ) and experience he needs to gain.

He's had more money thrown at him than any other Villa manager in history. Not sure whoever he manages next will be quite so generous.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Agreed. He's 10 years into his career, and if he sticks with it he could have another 20 years in the game.