Match Thread: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Changed to a back four and still conceded 3. They're missing the defensive coaches - no doubt. However, I think we need to get our back four for nearly all of last season back. We also need a big, imposing defensive midfielder. Teams walk through us game after game. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I'm not blaming Smith in this one, dodgy refs yet again, was expected to lose anyway, he must be fuming. Next games will define it for me.

Has to go, this is getting embarrassing now… I was a staunch supporter but the coaching just isn’t good enough and grealish carried him 

Bailey or the left side DM should've been picking up the fullback for the first goal.  One of the DM'S should also have been closing down Rice for the second. 

Targett has been poor with the ball, so has Mcginn. Konsa shows no ambition when trying to play out.

We can't pass out from the back. It's a massive weakness that was apparent last season. Hitting long balls against West Ham is pointless.

• Like 1

Another shitshow from players who don't have any fight or bottle.

Seems smith doesn't like any of our players to have any physical attributes other than dithering on the ball, miss passing and avoiding any kind of physical challenge 

So it's not okay for konsa to tug a god damn shirt and it's all okay to knee nakamba with studs showing in the balls and okay for Bowen to come flying in and send a Villa player flying pushing him that's the message I'm getting here.

This is plain bull crap.

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

100% cheated by the officials today. All big decisions have gone West Ham’s way. All round embarrassing. 

Nope.  The only debate was whether Hause or Konsa deserved the red.  I think they got that wrong.  Apart from that this is all about bad tactics and bad play.  Can't try and pin this on bad decisions going against us.