Match Thread: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Just now, MaVilla said:

you are right, we can be echo chambers, but my eyes tell me we have been terrible again so far today, and for quite a few games now, its really concerning to watch some really talented players play like they have two left feet.

Late Friday I think.

• Haha 1

Martinez could and should  have saved at least on of them goals. When things are not going for you it spreads through the team. Young has done ok, don’t think Ramsey was in the game before his injury. 

we need to move the ball quicker and close down quicker, still in the game but another West Ham goal and our fragile confidence will take a massive hit..we ar e playing like a team low on confidence but still giving it a go 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Dare I say as well, we lack vocal leaders and a nasty streak. Too nice too often, with a soft underbelly. 

I don’t know if this was true. They were all trying to get sent off against Arsenal. We just lack good, intelligent players and/or a clear game plan. 

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I feel this is the real McGinn, back to form. I think he on,y has a performance every 15 games. Shame Sanson talked his way out of consideration.

He’s ill

If they decide time for a change, they’ll need to act before Spuds fire Nuno. We will also obviously be playing second fiddle to Newcastle in terms of managers joining us. We cannot afford to waste this season and signs aren’t great so far. 

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Performance is a bunch of players trying hard but they haven't a clue what they're supposed to be doing in the system. I think the problem this season so far is Dean Smith

Trying hard is subjective...

And for that reason I think the problem isnt Dean Smith 

Something is up, not sure if it's the ins and outs this summer, players and coaches, or what

Just now, stewiek2 said:

His record at Brentford is the same.

i mean...look, there is no denying all the good things Deano has done for us over the last 3 years, no denying that at all.

But right now, and for quite a while, we have been absolutely and unacceptably poor more often than not, and the excuses are running out.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think nerves from the crowd plays more of a role than coaching when it comes to shit touches and bad passes 

I know it sounds stupid but maybe Villa need a mental health coach! We have gone from sensational to shocking. The throwing 2 goals away vs Wolves showed that. Players look devoid of confidence. 

1 minute ago, May-Z said:

This is McGinn though. Great reverse pass tos et up Buendia for the assist, but then loads of chipped shitty passes forward. 

He doesn't have full games of being great and then poor, just goes between the two in each match.

I'd agree on this and it's becoming more noticeable as the season goes on.

For me it's obvious we need a top talent midfielder next who can pass and is capable of getting the ball to his team mates and January is the spot to do it even if it costs us bigger than the summer.

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

There are rumors that Shaky is a bit of a bellend and ROK & Terry couldn't get on with him. But he stayed in Dean's good books so he's the last man standing.

Got Ranieri the sack at Leicester apparently. Leicester actually wanted Ranieri back soon after.

• Like 1

Cash seems our best outlet at the moment.

Two shite goals to concede, though we asked for it on both occasions gifting too much space.

Body language isn’t looking great across the board, Bailey trying to take a long throw-in seems redundant and has slowed us down on his flank when surely we should be looking to play quickly there.

Massive half needed here.

1 minute ago, calcifer said:

I know it sounds stupid but maybe Villa need a mental health coach! We have gone from sensational to shocking. The throwing 2 goals away vs Wolves showed that. Players look devoid of confidence. 

We 100% need one

I know mings talks about having one personally 

Sick of this BS narrative that “we were better when the fans weren’t there” is absolute rubbish.

We were better when we had Grealish, when we didn’t we were largely shit even without the fans.

The biggest problem we have is that for three years we have been good with Grealish and shit without him despite spend £300m. People really need to wake up to that because it is just a fact.

Villa Park could be empty and we would still be struggling without Grealish because that has been the pattern for 3 years.

It isn’t the fans attendance or absence that is the problem. People need to start waking up to what the actual issue is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1