Ratings & Reactions: LC3: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/21 at 22:59

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I have. It wasn't very powerful and it was nowhere near "Just inside the post"

Nakamba was decent. I don't think he should be taking penalties but I agree with the point that the coaching staff know better than us. There's probably a reason he was taking them. Maybe he's good at them in training. Maybe nobody else volunteered. Who knows

But let's not pretend that was a good penalty. it wasn't.

Nakamba.png

If Kapa goes the wrong way Marv scores.  Maybe you're not one of the clowns saying Nakamba should never take penalty's, but you must agree - it was a Much better effort than Young's, or Chilwell's....? Edit- Just watched them again - It was also better than Mount's and Emi Buendia's - certainly harder and better placed.    

Edited by mig4villa
add more info

31 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

City fans don't care about it and they win it every year. The sooner these teams can't play in this competition due to the CL reforms,  the better.

i've said this should be the case for ages. it would mean every year theres guaranteed 1 team in europe that didn't play in europe the year before too

Proud. Immensely proud. 

Most pleasing thing for me is how well a 'second string' team can play and to the same style we want across the first team. This bodes really well for when we start those players as it means they can hopefully seamlessly slot into the first team and play the same way.

We should've won last night, had by far the better chances and couldn't be more proud of our youngsters. Archer impresses me greatly, along with JPB and Chukky, both of whom look the real deal. Finally, we're owned and managed with sense and with a future vision of the club from the youth to the first team, we feel much more collective and that certainly shows.

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mig4villa said:

If Kapa goes the wrong way Marv scores.  Maybe you're not one of the clowns saying Nakamba should never take penalty's, but you must agree - it was a Much better effort than Young's, or Chilwell's....? Edit- Just watched them again - It was also better than Mount's and Emi Buendia's - certainly harder and better placed.    

Yeah but Kepa didn't go the wrong way. he went the right way and a low power great height shot nowhere near the corner will always be saved 

It was a poor penalty. 

Edited by Stevo985

Not just 2nd stringers, but even 3rd stringers.

Chelsea had more 1st choice players on the pitch than we did tonight, including a 100m quid striker and a near enough 100m quid number two GK.

Yet we matched them, created more chances and played fantastic football.

He's some bloke.

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not just 2nd stringers, but even 3rd stringers.

Chelsea had more 1st choice players on the pitch than we did tonight, including a 100m quid striker and a near enough 100m quid number two GK.

Yet we matched them, created more chances and played fantastic football.

And lost the tie.

I went with Hause as MOTM. He was immense. He imposed himself on the game and was there when he was needed each time, particularly when Lukaku was in on goal with fresh legs late in the game. On a night when many of our players covered themselves in glory I thought he just edged it, and given his lack of playing time recently, his performance was all the more impressive for that. Well done that man. We've a quality Mings understudy.

• Like 2

A terrific performance that bodes well for the future.

I have never known so many promising youngsters at the same time, which is thanks to our recruitment policy.

It isn't just about having the money to invest in young players, it's also about selling them the vision.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

I went with Hause as MOTM. He was immense. He imposed himself on the game and was there when he was needed each time, particularly when Lukaku was in on goal with fresh legs late in the game. On a night when many of our players covered themselves in glory I thought he just edged it, and given his lack of playing time recently, his performance was all the more impressive for that. Well done that man. We've a quality Mings understudy.

That tackle on Lukaku was world class.

There's not many players in the world who can stop Lukaku when he gets the ball and rolls the defender like that. And to be fair he had beaten Hause in exactly that way. But the recovery tackle was immense

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Which is why I’m surprised that he is getting so many plaudits so soon.

It is probably because he instantly transformed a team from leaking goals and not scoring enough at the other end into a team with a rock solid defence and scoring more goals. He managed to qualify for the Champions League via league position and he won the Champions League. These did not look like happening with Frank as manager. It can be reasonably deduced that TT was the reason for the very rapid improvement

10 minutes ago, trevor said:

And lost the tie.

I'm not sure of your point. Are you trying to say that we lost because we didn't play our first team? Because we don't have a £100M striker at the club. 

On paper Chelsea should beat us whoever we play.  

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

It is probably because he instantly transformed a team from leaking goals and not scoring enough at the other end into a team with a rock solid defence and scoring more goals. He managed to qualify for the Champions League via league position and he won the Champions League. These did not look like happening with Frank as manager. It can be reasonably deduced that TT was the reason for the very rapid improvement

Or the obvious alternative, which is less flattering for Frank. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Or the obvious alternative, which is less flattering for Frank. 

Yeah, it is less flattering to Frank but it just shows that it was down to the manager to make the improvement. It is very rare to see such a massive improvement in results and performance with the same set of players. This is why he gets the plaudits that he gets imo

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I'm not sure of your point. Are you trying to say that we lost because we didn't play our first team? Because we don't have a £100M striker at the club. 

On paper Chelsea should beat us whoever we play.  

Next week Chelsea will more than likely take a full first team into a Champions League fixture. We don’t have a fixture. 

• Like 1

Â