Match Thread: Villa v Everton

limpid

25 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Love this formation sign all the wingers then play wingbacks thus making them obsolete 

It definitely looks like we’re setting up like this to get Watkins and Ings into the same team but we haven’t been working toward this in terms of the wider recruitment so it’s going to be interesting to see how it pans out.

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Everton are second in the league, above Chelsea.

It'll be a long season if Smith determines the defensiveness of his tactics on whether or not our opponents sit above us in the league. We're currently 13th, beneath Arsenal of all teams.

Hard to change that without trying to actually beat a beatable team.

Edited by est1874

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

It definitely looks like we’re setting up like this to get Watkins and Ings into the same team but we haven’t been working toward this in terms of the wider recruitment so it’s going to be interesting to see how it pans out.

I accepted that the Ings signing was made by people who'd had weeks to mull things over and come up with a plan and they must have thought how they could get the best use out of him and Watkins, but so far I'm completely unconvinced it was anything but a panic signing. How do we want to play when everyone is available? I have no **** clue based on the first 5 games.