• Watkins
    • Nakamba (McGinn 40)
    • Bailey (Targett 61)
    • Young (Bailey 82)
    • Traoré (Cash 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/21 at 22:59

11 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Won't get bored of watching this!

Yeah I know - add Ings Goal of the Month and we'd be forgiven for all the bedwetting over Grealish. We are building something again, something shiny and special and we've only just started. 

• Like 1

1st half was utter crap, again!!! 2nd was well..... where did that come from. Smith must've pulled the rabbit out of the hat. 2 amazing goals, great run from both Cash and Bailey! Unlucky to Everton, thought they did OK until they deflated.

What a difference a week makes. Last week we play well and lose 3-0, this week we are ok but win 3-0. Mainly down to the quality of the opposition and taking chances.

Bailey looks the real deal. When did we last have 21 minute cameo that produced a man of the match performance. He is looking to take defenders on at every opportunity

A solid team performance. The 3-5-2 formation look better suited to away games but it is still early days and we are a work in progress. You could see players looking for wide players on both flanks but nobody there until Bailey came on. Ollie worked hard as ever but neither him or Ings got a chance of real note.

an important 3 points, just takes the pressure off if points are hard to come by in the coming weeks. Wednesday night will be a good chance for Sansom, Buendia, Traore and a few others to have a good run out in the Cup.

I don't care how we do it next Saturday but please let us have that overdue result.

UTV 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Tough crowd on here, really bad for large chunks of the game? I thought were were ok then really stepped it up and exerted pressure on Everton and they couldn't cope.

Some experts just talk shite to get reactions

10 minutes ago, smg said:

Some experts just talk shite to get reactions

Maybe @villalad21 was right, maybe 4-3-3 was the right decision? I personally didn’t think the 3-5-2 worked today like it did against Chelsea: Ramsey, Watkins and McGinn were red hot then, not tonight, and again, Ings was peripheral - we didn’t buy him to assist goals from our own half? 

I bigged up Smith big time last week, but today I reckon he made a few wrong calls, and the benched players made the difference.

this is not an anti Smith post. I just think Benitez got it right for the most part and Smith wasn’t brave enough, I hope he realises what talent we have and has the balls to play to our strengths. I note Neil on For the love of Paul McGrath suggested the league has turned to favour those who attack, maybe he’s right and maybe we now have the talent to exploit that? Today suggested that was the case.

Edited by thunderball

Â