• Watkins
    • Nakamba (McGinn 40)
    • Bailey (Targett 61)
    • Young (Bailey 82)
    • Traoré (Cash 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/21 at 22:59

Bailey: Wow. Who needs Grealish? Should have gotten credit for the second goal despite the Everton touch. Most of the time two goals would be Man of the Match, but that goes to…

Cash: My MOM for second week in a row. I would have voted that way even before he scored. Dangerous all day going forward, defended well again. Has taken a real step forward this year.  Great pass for the third. [Edit: My mistake. Just saw the replay. It was Ings who set up the third. Cash is still my MOM, but it's a closer call.]

Mings: Back to his best today. A colossus in the air.

Ramsey: Quiet first half, better in the second. Don’t burn out young players: I’d give him a rest next week.

Targett: His defending is back. Unfortunately, his crosses kept getting blocked or going astray. Still not back to his best. I would start Young ahead of him, or Bailey if we’re playing 3-5-2.

Nakamba: He’s never going to be spectacular, but he has improved since last year and I’m no longer nervous when he comes on.

Ings: Did so many little things right today. He’s getting in dangerous positions and the goals will come. If Ramsey had laid off a pass instead of going for goal in the middle of the second half, he would have had one. Also made a couple good interventions when tracking back. Crucial pass in the buildup to Cash’s goal. [Edit: And Bailey's.] I know that some people around here are questioning him. Not I.

Watkins: Quiet today.

Best of the opposition: I was really impressed with Iwobi and Gray.

Edited by TomC
  • Like 3

Just now, jim said:

Much better when we changed the formation. 5 at the back doesn’t work.

Did we really change? The wing backs spent more time forward today so it looked more like a 3-5-2 than a 5-3-2. I think Bailey stepped right into Targett's role. Targett just wasn't effective going forward.

• Like 1

Â