• Watkins
    • Nakamba (McGinn 40)
    • Bailey (Targett 61)
    • Young (Bailey 82)
    • Traoré (Cash 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/21 at 22:59

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Shout out to the ref. No dramas. Let the game flow.

How anyone votes the ref as poor shows some football fans are impossible to please and just like to hate officials. Can’t stand that. 

The ref should have booked Konsa and Cash. Konsa was also at risk as the last man. When our team loses the ref tends to be awful, when we win the ref tends to be much better. Clear lack of objectivity

• Like 3

Absolutely brilliant, clear-eyed appraisal of Villa's recruitment, management and current state of health on TalkSport today throughout the 90 minutes and beyond. Been a real pleasure to listen.

Generally pathetic, typically knee-jerk, borish know-nothing comments throughout the Match Thread as usual. Been as painful as ever to read.

UTV

• Like 1

happy with a 3-0 win, but not gonna let myself be fooled, we were really bad for large chunks of the game.

Bailey came on and really changed the game for 20 minutes, but once again, we cant go relying on one player to come and dig us out of a hole.

Personally i was more impressed when i saw Hause last season, than i have been with what i have seen from Tuanzebe this season.

Cash and Targett look very one dimensional at times, Ramsey is neat and tidy but didnt do anything much, i wont knock Ramsey overall but if he is playing as that forward midfielder of the 3 he needs to be more productive, i think with the way he currently plays he would be good as a tidy player as part of the double pivot,i think the midfield lacked creativity overall.

I thought we looked better when McGinn went off.

Ings worked hard, so did Watkins, but both with little joy, for most of the game they were both very isolated.

Of course Bailey came on and was a total baller, brilliant performance from him.

As i say, a good win, we did deserve the win, but at the same time we didnt play well as a team for most of the game.

Im really hoping we see Bailey & Buendia as regular starters sooner rather than later, we need their spark imo.

• Like 3

We played well for sections of the game. Bailey made a massive difference. But there are weaknesses there. In the first half they could have scored a few times on the counter. Our defence looked a little lost at times and if DCL was on the pitch instead of Rondon it could have been a completely different game. 

3 minutes ago, ejvilla said:

He changed it, moved konsa to rb, pushed cash forward to rm, and we scored as a result. Then made a sub and that sub contributed 2 more. 3-0 against a solid everton side. What more is wanted? 

Big risks taken. Masterclass.

Far from anti-Smith, but with a depleted team, Benitez nullified Watkins and Ings, our most potent players. That was never Smiths plan. He never got them into the game. But a great individual goal from Cash set us on our way. If he was braver, he would have started Bailey?

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

But there are weaknesses there. In the first half they could have scored a few times on the counter.

Agreed. Defending the counter was our one significant weakness today. I think that's partially because we pushed so many players forward so often.

Desolately needed that win, still need another to keep up to be right in the mix, Utd next though.

It was worrying today how many knocks the players seemed to get hopefully none of them are serious!

Still prefer to play one up top with two wide men.

Just now, thunderball said:

Far from anti-Smith, but with a depleted team, Benitez nullified Watkins and Ings, our most potent players. That was never Smiths plan. He never got them into the game. But a great individual goal from Cash set us on our way. If he was braver, he would have started Bailey?

The strength in depth and quality across the team as opposed to being coming from one player showed today. If we can get our 1st XI selection right then we could be on to something very good here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Watch the replay - that's as good a team goal as you'll see. And Cash had 2 men he could've layed the ball off to - Ramsey in acres of space.

Ramsey could've put Ings through earlier too.

Ings with the assist for Bailey's 2nd.

First 11 wore them down. Changes finished them off.

• Like 4

Â