• Watkins
    • Nakamba (McGinn 40)
    • Bailey (Targett 61)
    • Young (Bailey 82)
    • Traoré (Cash 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/21 at 22:59

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

But a great individual goal from Cash set us on our way

I’m a bit flummoxed on this one. It was a brilliant team passing move with Cash played through on the canter into the area… I’ve never seen a goal I’d describe less as ‘individual’… a cracking finish to be sure but a beautiful team goal! The assist from Douglas Luis was an absolute peach of a touch.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Linekar saying it was a flattering scoreline and was a pretty even game... 

I think you could argue it was flattering in the same way as the 3-0 loss to Chelsea last week flattered them. Still a comfortable win for the winners on each occasion but a 2-0 or 3-1 might have been ‘fairer’ because both games were very tight before the second goal. 

• Like 2

Still think there’s going to be some changes to the formation as some players become match fit. Not convinced by Targett and Cash as wing backs, they may become better with time, but seemed to be a disconnect with the front two and both took some ordinary options.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Game was very even until 1-0. After that VILLA PARK woke up and we sucked in the second two. We’re back! 

If you were there you would have felt it.

Villa Park was absolutely rocking. Was there for Brentford and it was quiet, sat near the away fans for both and today we were loud.

Hopefully it came through on the tv, the players would have felt it after the first goal. 

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

People continue to doubt and question the man and he continues to make them look foolish. 

If he hasn't earnt your trust and belief by now then you need to question what agenda you have.

3rd year back in the prem and we are going toe to toe with the likes of Chelsea and then smashing Everton. 

He's building something special here.

The worry when we first came back up was the huge drop off in quality and how we’d compete. That first season to completely build  a new squad, stay up with all those key injuries was nothing short of miraculous.

2nd season, the way we competed against the top sides was beyond my wildest dreams. Having Grealish was a big part of that but the way we’ve spent money and recruited has been on point. Its closed that gap significantly in such a short space of time. This season, you look at the bench and its night and day from last year.

Replacing Grealish output seems to be working already. Ings 2 goals, 2 assists, Bailey 1 goal 2 assists, Buendia 1 goal and hasnt even played last 2. JG has 5 appearances playing full 90 everytime; 1 fluke goal and 1 assist. Bailey has bettered that with 3 20 minutes cameos off the bench.

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue
  • Like 3

Loved it yesterday - probably the best atmosphere at VP since Everton at home in our first season back up!  

VP really is a sight to behold in an evening kick off where the team are playing well.

Unbelievable cameo from Bailey and I thought Cash, Mings and Nakamba were all excellent too.

Not sure why Martinez was given two bonus points on the Fantasy Football considering they had 1 shot on target but I'll take it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Everton not really in a position to be fine after losing several key players. Don't have the depth.

Doesn't at all take away from our performance but there are far bigger tests to come.

We just won 3-0 and you make excuses for them! Yet when we are depleted its unforgivable to draw against a Brentford team that has now beaten Wolves and Arsenal?

There will be bigger tests and we will lose more games. But try and enjoy this one for a few minutes mate. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â