• Watkins
    • Nakamba (McGinn 40)
    • Bailey (Targett 61)
    • Young (Bailey 82)
    • Traoré (Cash 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/21 at 22:59

Class night at VP, absolutely rocking from our first goal onwards. Bailey MOTM, what a cameo… walking out of the Holte toward Witton station after the game all I could hear from everyone’s conversations was “Leon Bailey!!”

Defence looked assured. Luiz had another great game. Watkins and Ings still learning each other’s games but how good is it that defences now have to focus on both, which will give space for our midfielders to exploit. 

Loved Cash cutting in onto his left for a superb finish. In real-time I thought Bailey’s corner had gone straight in, didn’t realise it took a deflection. Third goal was glorious in from of a rapturous Holte End.

Thought Nakamba did a good job off the bench and loved Traore coming on and being an absolute baller at the end.

Travelled down and back with my mate who’s an Everton fan; big shout out to the Villa fan on the train back from Witton who compounded his misery by gleefully telling him it was the worst Everton performance at VP since the 80s :lol:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We just won 3-0 and you make excuses for them! Yet when we are depleted its unforgivable to draw against a Brentford team that has now beaten Wolves and Arsenal?

There will be bigger tests and we will lose more games. But try and enjoy this one for a few minutes mate. 

Any Villa fan would.

1 hour ago, Danishlad said:

I Didn’t get to see the game yesterday. 
But did Bailey and Traore come on as wing backs???

Contrary to what some people on here would have you believe, yes, yes they did.

Bertrand was only on for around 5 minutes mind and the game was over. Not sure he would have made the same sub (with same formation) if it was early in the match. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Gave the ref an average because I think we got lucky with that Konsa pull on Gray.

Besides that, though, brilliant performance from manager, whole team… set pieces were excellent. Didn’t give Everton many chances.

Watkins and Ings yet to click as a pair, but in fact their contributions were excellent - Watkins causing loads of problems for Everton’s defence, and Ings with a sublime assist for Bailey.

Cash showing he can attack.

And special mention to Nakamba, who I thought was excellent today.

What was really great was how every substitution worked and didn’t unsettle anything. We just grew constantly into the game, apart from a little wobble early in second half.

UTV

totally endorse that.....and that.

15 hours ago, MaVilla said:

happy with a 3-0 win, but not gonna let myself be fooled, we were really bad for large chunks of the game.

Bailey came on and really changed the game for 20 minutes, but once again, we cant go relying on one player to come and dig us out of a hole.

Personally i was more impressed when i saw Hause last season, than i have been with what i have seen from Tuanzebe this season.

Cash and Targett look very one dimensional at times, Ramsey is neat and tidy but didnt do anything much, i wont knock Ramsey overall but if he is playing as that forward midfielder of the 3 he needs to be more productive, i think with the way he currently plays he would be good as a tidy player as part of the double pivot,i think the midfield lacked creativity overall.

I thought we looked better when McGinn went off.

Ings worked hard, so did Watkins, but both with little joy, for most of the game they were both very isolated.

Of course Bailey came on and was a total baller, brilliant performance from him.

As i say, a good win, we did deserve the win, but at the same time we didnt play well as a team for most of the game.

Im really hoping we see Bailey & Buendia as regular starters sooner rather than later, we need their spark imo.

I thought Nakamba coming on, steadied the ship....I thought he played very well indeed.

Poor for 60 minutes but Bailey changed the game. The set-up was too defensive from the start which is why we had no rhythm until Bailey came on.

Cash and Bailey's goals were both belters.

Hopefully McGinn and Bailey are both fine because we were just starting to get a fully fit squad finally and we need them.

In the end a very good win but hope Smtih doesn't persist with this 5 at the back for much longer.

27 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think he is going to be pushing for a starting role. He is turning out to be a very good player. The strength in depth is getting very good

To be honest Pete, he took me aback.

I have always rated his ball winning work, but his passing was crisp, slick and well defined.....He has come on a lot, for me.

He could save us a lot of money, if he keeps this form up.

I though Dougie went up a gear too, looking the player I was hoping he would be.

Edited by TRO

15 hours ago, Eligius said:

That's a great win against a team that is full of confidence, thankfully Burnley kicked lumps out of them in their previous match to weaken them. Mings was magnificent and what a 21 minute burst from Bailey. We suddenly overpowered in a 20 minute spell then saw the game out comfortably.

That was not an easy game, by any stretch of the imagination.....For the first hour, is was tough, they was durable....but we contained them and stayed in the game, it was honours shared for me.

then came that bit of sublime play....of Ings to Luiz who passed to Cash like Jack himself.....it was slick, precise and clinical, big praise to Matty case for a goal Lewondowski would be proud of.

The initiative then went in to our corner and Bailey, just showed why we paid C £30 mill for him, fabulous technical skills and blistering pace....still settling in, so looking forward to when he does, seems like the crowd and him have bonded already.

14 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

45 minutes of what happens when all 11 players play well, a few other clubs figured this a while ago, we're on to it now.

precisely....they all had to be at it.....and the subs were super at it from the get go.

The crowd also played a huge part in that....so congrats to them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

To be honest Pete, he took me aback.

I have always rated his ball winning work, but his passing was crisp, slick and well defined.....He has come on a lot, for me.

He could save us a lot of money, if he keeps this form up.

I though Dougie went up a gear too, looking the player I was hoping he would be.

He had the most recoveries in the opposition half of all players on the pitch and he only came on as a sub. His last few games at the end of last season were really good and he appears to have continued with that form. I can see the benefits of not getting a DM in the summer. If we can improve the players we have we will add much more value to the club. It is so much better than building a group of high paid bench warmers we are desperate to get off the payroll

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

precisely....they all had to be at it.....and the subs were super at it from the get go.

The crowd also played a huge part in that....so congrats to them.

Agree, there are very few places like ours when in full swing.

I think we have got to a squad situation where it will be fine tuning from here on.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TRO said:

I thought Nakamba coming on, steadied the ship....I thought he played very well indeed.

I'm all outa likes TRO but he is the one player that will benefit from us dominating games, when he keeps it simple it works well. He's another option for different formations vs different opposition, we are at the stage now that we can approach any game pro-actively, he can start games now too, we have 18/20 starters now.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Louis said:

1st half was utter crap, again!!! 2nd was well..... where did that come from. Smith must've pulled the rabbit out of the hat. 2 amazing goals, great run from both Cash and Bailey! Unlucky to Everton, thought they did OK until they deflated.

Everton are resillient and hard to beat, sitting in the top half of the table, we couldn't afford to go Gung ho.....They had got good results against Burnley and Brighton , who are also tough competitors.

I though we set up correctly, start slowly, stay in the game and grow in to the game....this all guns blazing, would have us lose that game.

Dean was perfect in his execution and tactically won the day, against a well seasoned campaigner.

Bailey, provided that step up in class and effervescence, which got us over the line.....but lets be honest, it wasn't easy for an hour of a tough contest.

I would also like to praise Luiz and Nakamba for excellent displays.....couldn't fault anyone today.

Â