January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Brilliant signings and a notification from the club (or as good as) that I can go to bed and not bother with the deadline day stupidity. 

10/10. 

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Potentially good window minus the Targett deal. I am still not convinced that the club are looking for the DM that some fans actually want

7.5/10

I'm 100% convinced they are. But at a reasonable price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

I'm 100% convinced they are. But at a reasonable price.

I think they are looking for a centre midfielder who will play the ball from deep like Davis did at Rangers. Not somebody like Bissouma who is just a ball winner

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Brilliant signings and a notification from the club (or as good as) that I can go to bed and not bother with the deadline day stupidity. 

10/10. 

That could be like leaving a game with 5 mins to go so that u miss the traffic only to miss an injury time winner 😀

• Haha 1

We want someone to play in the middle of the 3 central midfielders, but we don’t want to buy someone who isn’t obviously more capable in that role that any of the players we currently have, because they’re already good at it. So buying no one at all is preferable if one of the elite players in the position is unattainable.

I know people have suggested it but unless in a disaster or preseason fitness game Chambers will not play there for us.

Edited by a m ole

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

That could be like leaving a game with 5 mins to go so that u miss the traffic only to miss an injury time winner 😀

Fair point mate, but I think the post suggested we are done. 

Transfer windows have a funny effect on fans. If we’d have signed Olsen and Chambers before today and then signed Coutinho and Digne at 23:00 this evening every single fan would declare this window to be one of our best ever. 

The fact we got them all in early shouldn’t change that, yet some will be disappointed that we didn’t get involved with last day mahem.

We, as fans are a funny bunch.  

Just now, av1 said:

Fair point mate, but I think the post suggested we are done. 

Transfer windows have a funny effect on fans. If we’d have signed Olsen and Chambers before today and then signed Coutinho and Digne at 23:00 this evening every single fan would declare this window to be one of our best ever. 

The fact we got them all in early shouldn’t change that, yet some will be disappointed that we didn’t get involved with last day mahem.

We, as fans are a funny bunch.  

I am 99.99999% sure our dealings are done, but I can't help but watch Sky to hear of breaking news at Villa Park :)

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think they are looking for a centre midfielder who will play the ball from deep like Davis did at Rangers. Not somebody like Bissouma who is just a ball winner

Like Henderson at Liverpool. 90 percentile for progressive passes but bottom 4 percentile for tackles

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

I am 99.99999% sure our dealings are done, but I can't help but watch Sky to hear of breaking news at Villa Park :)

Unfortunately I wake up at least 3 times a night for a piss, so I’ll go to bed at my normal time but check my notifications in the loo during my 01:00 we break 🤣

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Aubameyang off to Barca, the trip out worked. Good move for Barca and Aubamenyang

The only one it's a good move for are arsenal 

He's semi retired and earns too much money, it's no surprise barca want him... Not sure when they will stop their terrible signings, learning nothing 

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If think both. And rightly so.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The only one it's a good move for are arsenal 

He's semi retired and earns too much money, it's no surprise barca want him... Not sure when they will stop their terrible signings, learning nothing 

I can see him ripping it up in Spain. The game will suit him more and the move may give him a bit of a motivational kick up the ass. He is apparently taking a pay cut so there must be a little bit of him wants to make the move happen

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, av1 said:

Unfortunately I wake up at least 3 times a night for a piss, so I’ll go to bed at my normal time but check my notifications in the loo during my 01:00 we break 🤣

I employ the help of a caravan piss pot on the fireplace in my bedroom which means I only have to get up piss in it rather than traipsing into the bathroom four or five times a night. It has improved my sleep no end and as you don’t properly wake up whereas the trip to the toilet would take 10 minutes or so to get back to sleep each time

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Yep I never get why people do that, I understand the answers over the years people have given but so much historically happens in those 5 to 10 minutes.  All that time to get to the game, enjoy the team you love but leave then, I’ll never get.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep I never get why people do that, I understand the answers over the years people have given but so much historically happens in those 5 to 10 minutes.  All that time to get to the game, enjoy the team you love but leave then, I’ll never get.

A very good friend of mine (Utd fan) was at the '99 CL final against Bayern in Barcelona and left early and missed both Sheringham's and OGS's goals 🤣

• Haha 2