January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

A stopped clock is correct twice a day.

Have The Athletic broken any of our signings first?  And if they have, with any regularity to believe they have some inside track.

I don’t believe they were the first with any of Villa’s incomings, or outgoings in that fact. Sky/talkSPORT were the first with Grealish’s story. 
I have no idea how good they are with other clubs. 
When it comes to transfers they have a whiff off we just trawl Twitter like everyone else

Just now, CVByrne said:

We can't do any more loans. I can't see who we'd get this window. So seems very unlikely to me.

Are we 100% on the loans?

It's pretty clear that CB is our priority at the moment, so I can't for the life of me see us letting one go, but the rumours persist.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s more just undue credence - he’s not one of us - at least Preece doesn’t hide the fact or pertain to have the inside scoop. 

I just find the whole insider stuff the Athletic peddles trite. We are incredibly tightly run and don’t have top tier journalists anymore. I just find it frustrating that every tenuous story link is indulged. 

It's the Transfer thread for goodness sake! I'm not aware of The Athletic being on the banned source list, so there's no reason for it not to be discussed. 

Very odd.

31 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not convinced, neither Leeds or Burnley will want to play so soon

why do they have to agree? surely the PL just tell the teams when the games are rescheduled for

Just now, tomav84 said:

why do they have to agree? surely the PL just tell the teams when the games are rescheduled for

I don't know. Maybe in this day and age you can't show PL games on a FA cup weekend due to tv rights. I have no idea, it seems a obvious date. Sorry not really on topic.

I do think we need a DM either in Jan or the summer. I wouldn't be suprised if Luiz or McGinn are sold in the summer.

Just now, tomav84 said:

No, from my understanding the clubs get together to discuss a new date and only if they don’t agree do the PL get involved.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Are we 100% on the loans?

It's pretty clear that CB is our priority at the moment, so I can't for the life of me see us letting one go, but the rumours persist.

I think it might just be max of 2 at any time between English clubs. It's not very clear from Premier League website. 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

No, from my understanding the clubs get together to discuss a new date and only if they don’t agree do the PL get involved.

that's stupid. surely a game should be played feb 5th. makes complete sense. the burnley game was never supposed to be on TV so that one is the obvious choice, sat 3pm

back on topic, sounds like hause signing a new contract so wondering if our search for a CB is not going well

13 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

We should stay away from Tarkowski. Burnley need all the help they can get to relegate Newcastle.

Er, I mean to survive.

Pass on all three thanks. Nat Phillips on loan maybe if we can do that for remainder of season

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Still lots of places linking Hause to West Ham - you'd think that would have to be something that happens in the summer wouldn't you, unless we're buying two centre backs this window?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If true, Nathaniel Phillips might be worth a punt? Will push Konsa but not immediately upset the apple cart? 

Why am I putting questions marks after everything? Maybe I'm worried about the response? Maybe I can't get excited by this link?

I think he’d be great for us, he won’t be getting in at Liverpool any time soon. Whenever I’ve seen him, he’s impressed me greatly, he’s young, eager, tough and good on the ball. This potential move just makes sense to me

4 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If true, Nathaniel Phillips might be worth a punt? Will push Konsa but not immediately upset the apple cart? 

Why am I putting questions marks after everything? Maybe I'm worried about the response? Maybe I can't get excited by this link?

Maybe your voice is rising? At the end of each sentence? In your internal monologue? 

• Haha 4