January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Hypothetically … Who would you rather have Milan Škriniar or Yves Bissouma for £50 million ? 

CD v CDM ? Right now if we have to choose one I think we need a CDM. We do need another CD so if Skriniar is on offer we should take him also!

5 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Diego carlos is being looked at by villa apparently according to italian press

Reported a "London club" is in for him also.

If there's anything for the Premier League clubs to come together on hopefully it's to take it in turns pinching Newcastle's targets (Let them sign the Joelinton's for £40m mind) for the rest of eternity 🤣

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

Lots of talk linking Newcastle with Targett. If we could get 20m for Targett and replace him with Digne (25m) and Hickey (10m), that would be a serious coup by Lange et al. It would also be nice to take their first choice LB (Digne) and rip them off with our cast off

I think we shall take minimum 30m. The more we go towards the end of the month they’ll mostly start panic buys. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

United would be incredibly short sighted to loan them Lingard to help them survive. There’s a bigger picture here…send them down!

Agree.

I think the same about us potentially selling them Targett also. Unless they are paying a ridiculous premium.

40 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Double post. Delete please. 

With danger of sounding like a broken record, you can delete your own posts by clicking on the three horizontal dots in the top right of your post and select 'hide' from the 'popup' menu. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't know. Maybe in this day and age you can't show PL games on a FA cup weekend due to tv rights. I have no idea, it seems a obvious date. Sorry not really on topic.

I do think we need a DM either in Jan or the summer. I wouldn't be suprised if Luiz or McGinn are sold in the summer.

Think we played Newcastle last season on an FA Cup weekend 

7 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

This window has been a thing of beauty so far. Even if nothing else happens it has been the best January window ever. I’m a greedy bugger though. Throw in a DCM and it’s undeniably 10/10.

Not for me.

Still haven't fixed the gaping hole in our midfield.

Were never going to progress till that is fixed.

11 minutes ago, penguin said:

Agree.

I think the same about us potentially selling them Targett also. Unless they are paying a ridiculous premium.

Not even then, not this window. If they survive, clubs can bleed them dry in the summer, until then aim for their relegation.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

We should only sell Targett if we can get a deal agreed for Hickey. Can’t see either happening in this window.

Hickey is not going to come here as back up when hes first choice in Italy.

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Hickey is not going to come here as back up when hes first choice in Italy.

Not saying you’re wrong but stranger things have happened, like Gerrard leaving SPL champions Rangers to come to 15th placed Aston Villa. The PL is a big pull as is being closer to home.

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Doesn’t Hickey also play on the right too?  

i believe so, but he's predominantly a left back. However he would still be second choice on the right.

i just dont think he'd leave a cushy 1st team role for anything other than first team football.

......In saying this i wouldn't have recognised him if he had stood up in my porridge before this window.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

With danger of sounding like a broken record, you can delete your own posts by clicking on the three horizontal dots in the top right of your post and select 'hide' from the 'popup' menu. 

I legit never knew this.

• Shocked 1