January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

11 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Agreed.  You don't push up the table by upgrading your bench, you do it by upgrading your starters.  Fullbacks are the priority right now, followed by a top quality central midfielder.  Central defender will probably be this summer's priority and we may look to cash in/upgrade other positions in the squad, depending on the interest we have.  

Yes, 100%

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Breaking news 😁

Joking aside, I wonder how much the obvious officiating bias would be worth in player value.

Probably the nets them as many points as a world class striker with how bad it’s been since VAR has come in.

6 minutes ago, penguin said:

Joking aside, I wonder how much the obvious officiating bias would be worth in player value.

Probably the nets them as many points as a world class striker with how bad it’s been since VAR has come in.

I think pre and post VAR it nets teams like Man U a fair few points per season.  I’m not saying it’s corruption but the unbalanced amount of decisions going one way for some is too obvious now that it’s become a joke, that fans aren’t even surprised anymore.  In fact, before the game yesterday we knew they’d get influential decisions which would be dubious.

Benoît Badiashile young left footed central defender being linked to Toon and Now Wet Spam. Only 20 and the next in the long line of class French centre backs … Clearly an upgrade on Hause and poss even Mings. 

45 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Sort this & offload Trez next please 👍

We need to move on from substandard players and keep improving. Get some funds in too.

All onboard (again) with a new DM. Honestly, the most crucial signing we can make. Far too weak and easily outmuscled in midfield & we struggle to dictate and control possession. Need a boss in there…

If Trez and Anwar can fund a new DM they deserv accolades.

25 mill for Trez, just on entertainment value alone. 👀

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I do wonder if Newcastle have enquired about any of our players. Surely they must want one of our shit ones. 

Probably. But screw them. Hope they enjoy Chris Wood after missing out on Digne and Coutinho.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I do wonder if Newcastle have enquired about any of our players. Surely they must want one of our shit ones. 

They’ve realised now nobody half decent wants to play for them so they’ve resorted to signing relegation rivals most important players.  

We really are desperate for that quality DM… it would “complete” our side for the rest of this season at least imo.

The time for major changes or any kind of overhaul is in the off season. If people really see the need to upgrade at CB, then I think now is not the time for that. Attempting that now would cause more disruption than anything else imo… just need to up the concentration levels and focus. 

I personally have no issue with Konsa & Mings. I think it’s a fine partnership that was unnecessarily disturbed before SG restored it. Mings is absolutely crucial to us, the leader and organiser of our team. We struggle badly without him. Konsa is a fine defender with huge potential. 

An upgrade on Targett will really help us.

Coutinho should be an amazing signing for us and with Buendia and Bailey… I think we have a very strong attack.

Chances galore for Watkins and/or Ings.

Sorting out the midfield is crucial, it’s the highest priority. We need some strength, control and composure in there. Some physicality would be welcome too… maybe the reason our defence looks vulnerable at times is because of how unprotected and exposed it is by our midfield???

I know it’s something that often gets laughed at, but I do get concerned at the lack of height and strength in our team… we need the right balance…

• Like 3