January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

On Bissouma - it may well be now or never as you'd guess his price will be slightly lower in the summer, wages a little higher and bigger fish circling. He could easily find a place in most of the top 6 squads. 

So opportunity is there for us to really elevate our midfield. Stats wise, eye wise he fits everything we are looking for. 

So questions simply comes down to - can we afford him? I can see Brighton setting a high price and sticking to it knowing they'll still get a decent fee in the summer. 

I really hope we find the £'s from somewhere! 

This guy been very reliable with us recently. 

Edited by villaglint

I'd say if we can land Bissouma this window for 45m we should do it. Sometimes you've got to pay for the missing link. Van Dijk for 75m had everyone laughing that Liverpool had way over spent and it turns out he was the key difference maker and great value for money.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Traore is much too inconsistent, not just game to game but minute to minute. Bailey it’s really hard to know because of his injuries. His 21 minutes against Everton were about as exciting as I can remember for a while, but he’s either been injured or not fully fit since then. I think he’s a bit of a fingers crossed case at the moment, although I wouldn’t be totally surprised if we cashed in if we had a good offer. A fit Bailey would be great though and offers us the pace that we generally lack. 

He is too Dainty.....fart in a colander...call it what you will.

In contrast there is Jarrod Bowen, robust, dogged, industrious, willing, combative, He contributes so much to the team, in many other ways....a proper rounded player.

We can't afford too many "bambi's on ice" and he is one.

• Like 2

even with the Digne fee (rising to 25m?), even if we say a flat 25m, our net spend since Jan 2021 is effectively zero.

I suppose if you factor in Sanson its 15m net spend.

Depending on our financial situation, it could mean we still have 50-60m odd to spend if we really need to this window?

12 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Yes we are. These are serious men showing serious intent - don’t think they will stop until we reach a consistent high level.

They will stop, when the family allowance runs out.

seriously.....fabulous gentlemen.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Tom C was pretty much first to most stories in the Summer window. As good, if not better than Percy in terms of transfer news. 

Just felt like I had said too many positive things lately and needed to say something controversial 🤣

It was all getting very un-Villa like. 

• Haha 1

Making Trez available looks to explain why Gerrard brought him on as a sub. It is good to be able to show that he has plated 1st team football again. Although only a cameo, it is a much stronger message to hasn't played for 6 months (or whatever it was). Hopefully he will get a few games in the AFCON and Salah can win it for Egypt and Trez becomes a AFCON winner and gets the associated high price tag 

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

He is too Dainty.....fart in a colander...call it what you will.

In contrast there is Jarrod Bowen, robust, dogged, industrious, willing, combative, He contributes so much to the team, in many other ways....a proper rounded player.

We can't afford too many "bambi's on ice" and he is one.

I agree he’s hardly a Gerrard type of player. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently in advanced for Bissouma now.

Source: " Trust me bro ". ( Twitter and FB people who are usually reliable )

If so, pinch me......I will rejoice if we get this over the line.

I am totally convinced he could transform us.

Having said all of that, its about the team.....and good players, need to play with good players, else they get dragged down.

all of the top individuals in the league, have good players around them, to prosper.

we are getting there slowly, but surely.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

pinch me......I will rejoice if we get this over the line.

I am totally convinced he could transform us.

Having said all of that, its about the team.....and good players, need to play with good players, else they get dragged down.

all of the top individuals in the league, have good players around them, to prosper.

we are getting there slowly, but surely.

It appears someone put their foot on the accelerator recently

• Like 1