Aaron Danks (coach)

HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Absolutely buzzed for him. In the last few months I’ve said a few times he should be sacked, I would love to know the relationship between him and Gerrards staff. 

Think him and MacPhee are club signings and came in during Smith

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He can't even be in the conversation as a permanent manager, we cannot risk our future on someone in their first management job. He's just made selling the role to another manager so, so much easier though, and definitely deserves some thanks and a payrise for that

He's also made himself a great choice to keep on when a new manager comes in. The fact he knows how to get the players performing would surely be a great sign a for a new manager whilst they come in and try to get the lay of the land. 

Fair play to him.

Get the feeling he might get up to interational break now although I'd prefer it if we still appointed someone this week.

It reminded me years back of McDonald taking over as caretaker after O'Neill walked and we battered West Ham in similar fashion to today. The next game after that though was Newcastle and a massive reality check so same could happen here but we played with vibrancy so after the dross of last six months it was just nice to see us play with the handbrake very much off today.

• Like 3

Just now, VillaChris said:

Fair play to him.

Get the feeling he might get up to interational break now although I'd prefer it if we still appointed someone this week.

It reminded me years back of McDonald taking over as caretaker after O'Neill walked and we battered West Ham in similar fashion to today. The next game after that though was Newcastle and a massive reality check so same could happen here but we played with vibrancy so after the dross of last six months it was just nice to see us play with the handbrake very much off today.

Such a brilliant shout, clear similarities with the K-Mac "reign".

It's just common sense, when a place as **** up as VillaTalk can quite easily tell that a 4231 would suit us perfectly, it's not all much of a surprise when it works. Good to see Danks has something about him.

As pointed out above though, we shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves with this. I definitely don't want Danks as permanent manager all of a sudden but he's definitely shown there's a good base of players for someone to come in and build on here. Excellent start. 

• Like 3

Yeah before people get too enthusiastic about Danks, it's worth pointing out Brentford's away record going into the game was W0 D3 L2.

He made some good (fairly obvious!) calls in structuring the midfield around Luiz and Dendoncker, and giving McGinn / Ramsey / Coutinho a rest, who were clearly the 3 who frustrated the fans most under Gerrard.

He was always going to get great support at VP today, so it all kind of came together as a big release of pressure after the constant emotional torture of the Gerrard era.

Think things will be a lot trickier when we go on the road, and play tougher teams where we aren't rolling them over in the first 10 mins. Today he hasn't had to think about tactical changes or do much at halftime. Everything went perfectly according to plan.

On the other hand, I think the team he put out today will be dangerous on the counter, so I'd stick with it vs Newcastle and see what happens.

• Like 1

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

That is a fair point actually re Mcdonald. Still, I’m delighted with today. Proves to me the players aren’t as crap as we probably thought. 

They're not. Not top 6 quality but we really should be challenging for 8th-10th with what we have back to front.

It's a nice win as we can just say to whoever we want as manager that this is what they could be producing most weeks under your tenure.

Obviously he dosen't want it but if we could tempt a Pochettino one day that's the sort of performance we'd be seeing regularly rather than once or twice a season.

I think with world cup so close now it's more about timing for many managers but it would be really good to keep the feelgood factor continuing going into Newcastle if we appointed someone decent next week.

Just now, villarule123 said:

Will he be the next Kevin MacDonald? Smashed West Ham 3-0 after MON left and then lost 6-0 away to Newcastle. 

Naaaah, we'll have the new guy in for that.

Â