Aaron Danks (coach)

HalfTimePost

So, do we believe him when he said he’s had no contact with Emery?

Im sure he has to say that publicly because there’s probably legal implications of having Emery ‘working’ prior to the work permit being granted but you’d have to think he’s had some involvement surely?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Im sure he has to say that publicly because there’s probably legal implications of having Emery ‘working’ prior to the work permit being granted but you’d have to think he’s had some involvement surely?

Was thinking this earlier and I'm almost certain the club and Emery would be in hot water from a legal standpoint if he was advising or instructing Danks, so on the surface, of course he hasn't had any contact. Whether that's true or not won't be an answer the public will ever know.

6 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Was thinking this earlier and I'm almost certain the club and Emery would be in hot water from a legal standpoint if he was advising or instructing Danks, so on the surface, of course he hasn't had any contact. Whether that's true or not won't be an answer the public will ever know.

I don't think there is any legal problems with having a chat, or even suggesting some things. He isn't "working" by doing so and is no different to manager's exchanging thoughts post game. 

If anything, it's probably due to Emery not actually being employed by us yet and not having insight into training etc. He isn't going to write a script for Saturday without actually being here and with the team - he has little knowledge into Aston Villa compared to our current coach set up.

Danks needs to do what he thinks is best this weekend and pass over his duties on the first. We can't expect him to be hand held by Emery for a game where he won't even be under employment. 

20 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

i actually do. emery knows the best chance of a result tomorrow is to let danks concentrate on the match prep. on top of that, emery probably has been concentrating on the logistics of moving to another country

• Like 1

Am I the only one not buying for a second that there been " no contact " between him and Emery?

I saw a clip where he was asked if there has been any contact.

Although I guess we have to appear to be doing everything above board.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Am I the only one not buying for a second that there been " no contact " between him and Emery?

I saw a clip where he was asked if there has been any contact.

Although I guess we have to appear to be doing everything above board.

100% emery has been in touch. I expect he will be ona  earpiece to danks on saturday too.

On danks he comes a cross like a really decent bloke. I really hope we keep him around when emery gets here

• Like 3

Â