Austin MacPhee

Strog

The odd goal scored from a corner can't mask how horrible we've been defending them this season. Absolutely all over the shop. Why do we have our shorter players seemingly being the ones marking massive CB's or strikers for example? If he's a set-piece coach then he needs to earn his coin defensively too. We've absolutely gone to shite in that regard this season. Sometimes you don't need to over-think things. Stick your big defenders on their bigger players and have at it. 

• Like 2

What I don't like is our over reliance on long throws, it's a good weapon to have but when you do it every time it becomes predictable, and corners for us I'm never confident of anything happening, but then when we are defending a corner I'm bricking it every time, I'm not sure if we do or not, but it looks like we defend in a zonal formation at corners and our players just mark there zone regardless of any other danger. 

9 hours ago, Joshie2000 said:

What I don't like is our over reliance on long throws, it's a good weapon to have but when you do it every time it becomes predictable, and corners for us I'm never confident of anything happening, but then when we are defending a corner I'm bricking it every time, I'm not sure if we do or not, but it looks like we defend in a zonal formation at corners and our players just mark there zone regardless of any other danger. 

remember the excitement whenever we won a corner back in the days of Martin Laursen? always had a chance of grabbing a goal when he came bounding up the pitch

• Like 1

I think the long throws get a bad rap because we're always expecting something to happen during them. Fact is, the majority of long throws won't lead to anything.

I remember googling before that the conversion rate from a corner was something like 3 percent in the PL. If long throws are just extra corners, than we would expect a goal scored something like every 33 long throws. That's a lot of long throws, and if we're always expecting something to happen with each long throw, we're going to be disappointed.

• Like 1

On 08/11/2021 at 20:55, Wezbid said:

The odd goal scored from a corner can't mask how horrible we've been defending them this season. Absolutely all over the shop. Why do we have our shorter players seemingly being the ones marking massive CB's or strikers for example? If he's a set-piece coach then he needs to earn his coin defensively too. We've absolutely gone to shite in that regard this season. Sometimes you don't need to over-think things. Stick your big defenders on their bigger players and have at it. 

one, at any given time.

I don’t have a major issue with long throws when you have someone who can actually throw it long consistently, which we don’t have. Cash has a decent long throw but it’s nothing overly special and when he’s jogging across the pitch to take them from the other side it kills time and leaves us unbalanced if and when the ball is turned over quickly, which it invariably is.

• Like 1

Â