Match Thread: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

I think we’ve been decent! Look well-balanced and as if we’re actually playing with a midfield. Ramsey and Luiz making a difference. We’re well on top but final ball letting us down and not much service to Ings until the (brilliant) goal. 

El Ghazi has been awful, though. Needs taking off.

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I know. I’ve seen nothing from him to suggest he’s a 25m striker. Forget his reputation for a minute, he’s been poor since joining. 

2 goals in 2 games, get some perspective bud he has only just joined us 

• Like 2

Great time to score, wasn't the best first 25 minutes but then we grew into the game. There has been a few average to poor performers, Ings was pretty absent but then he did what we pay for. Its evident Watkins is badly missed though.

I think Ramsey and McGinn are the ones who can be pleased with their performance, they've contested the midfield well.

Douglas Luiz has carried on from last season, I'm very concerned about him being good enough for us in that position but will give benefit of the doubt given his hectic summer for now.

Biggest issue is we aren't really gelling as a team but that will take time. 

Nice to see our set piece coach may have contributed already.

Great goal. Set piece coach already paying dividends. Choppy play on the whole, too many poor final balls, seems like the players aren't mentally in sync yet. Better from Buendia. 

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Plenty of talking points, but the biggest one has to be the noticeable bald spot on the back of Matty Cash's head. It must be devastating for him.

I know right! Where did that come from?!

Also… if I’m on his wages, I’m off to Turkey to get a transplant so I can keep the flowing locks. 

• Haha 2

We’re certainly not firing on all cylinders yet, but it’s certainly an improvement on how we started last weekend’s game and I think we’ve grown into the game and looked in control since about the half hour mark. Considering the players we’re missing, I’ll file this under «decent enough» but hope we come out second half with confidence, going for more. 

• Like 1