Caleb Chukwuemeka

MaVilla

4 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'd like to think most of the folks making some jokes here aren't the same ones sending the players DMs.

Wishing Ill on players, or any human for that matter is usually where my line stops.

Unless they are Ben Mee.

It's easier to say " I hope you get whatever it is you deserve " 😎

With regards to actually DM ing players or commenting on their socials, if it isn't encouragement or praise... what's the point?

I do troll Jacks page every now and then though. lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

so you have a teenage son and see the abuse the Chuks have received

You would tell Villa where to go

Every club has scumbag fans that get vocal on social media.  There’s no exceptions.  If someone wanted their teenage sons to avoid that then they wouldn’t let them sign for any team with large support. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Every club has scumbag fans that get vocal on social media.  There’s no exceptions.  If someone wanted their teenage sons to avoid that then they wouldn’t let them sign for any team with large support. 

Exactly. So obvious. 

Before we get ahead of ourselves, the idea that either brother might have received abusive dms was invented on this forum.

Neither chuck or caleb nor the club nor any players nor family member nor agent have said any such thing has occurred.

So sure, I also condemn any abusive dm's if they exist. But they dont seem to.

Maybe , just maybe villa fans are just being perfectly reasonable.

They are happy to get good money and see a player leave who wanted to leave and more than happy to support his brother who wants to stay.

crazy thought I know

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Unsurprising that some fans have now turned on Caleb after Carney has gone, it has been disgusting at times. the treatment both brothers have received from some fans might put off other young players signing for us

No, this is fully on Carney’s father and the family advisor.  They could have dealt with this a million times better if this was their ultimate end goal. What did they think would happen? The boy would get a hero’s send off?

There is a reason why probably every single reputable agent in the game would have advised the family differently and would have protected Carney’s reputation at all costs at such a young age. Unfortunately, he’s going to get dogs abuse from some fans for a long time to come and unless he gets immediate game time at Chelsea will now always be seen by many as a money grabbing snake. 

12 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Before we get ahead of ourselves, the idea that either brother might have received abusive dms was invented on this forum.

Neither chuck or caleb nor the club nor any players nor family member nor agent have said any such thing has occurred.

So sure, I also condemn any abusive dm's if they exist. But they dont seem to.

Maybe , just maybe villa fans are just being perfectly reasonable.

They are happy to get good money and see a player leave who wanted to leave and more than happy to support his brother who wants to stay.

crazy thought I know

You must be newer to the internet than my grandma.

18 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

No, this is fully on Carney’s father and the family advisor.  They could have dealt with this a million times better if this was their ultimate end goal. What did they think would happen? The boy would get a hero’s send off?

There is a reason why probably every single reputable agent in the game would have advised the family differently and would have protected Carney’s reputation at all costs at such a young age. Unfortunately, he’s going to get dogs abuse from some fans for a long time to come and unless he gets immediate game time at Chelsea will now always be seen by many as a money grabbing snake. 

Literally all he did was leave. No bad mouthing, actually didn't say a single word about it. Just exercised his options and left quietly. How else would you have wanted him to handle it? 

• Like 1

His family and representative have basically just auctioned him off to the highest bidder after hawking him about every club going for the last year.

If I had been advising the boy and his family I’d have said get your playing time guarantees and sign a short contract extension or negotiate a low release fee (he’d have probably got lower than what Chelsea paid for him) if you don’t get the promised game time. 

He’d have had none of this negative attention, could have focussed fully on his football, would have already had more game time and still would have had the flexibility to move on if he really wanted. 

It’s been handled extremely poorly by his family/representatives with a focus on the short term. Let’s see what game time he gets at Chelsea as ultimately that will dictate whether they really had his long term career interests at heart. 

8 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

His family and representative have basically just auctioned him off to the highest bidder after hawking him about every club going for the last year.

If I had been advising the boy and his family I’d have said get your playing time guarantees and sign a short contract extension or negotiate a low release fee (he’d have probably got lower than what Chelsea paid for him) if you don’t get the promised game time. 

He’d have had none of this negative attention, could have focussed fully on his football, would have already had more game time and still would have had the flexibility to move on if he really wanted. 

It’s been handled extremely poorly by his family/representatives with a focus on the short term. Let’s see what game time he gets at Chelsea as ultimately that will dictate whether they really had his long term career interests at heart. 

Read thread title again please 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886e196kxs8372rdvx9hu

6 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Nonsense. Many fans are just overly sensitive and looking for a reason to feel slighted. Remember it's his career, not yours. Iroegbunam left the club that trained him to join the team he supports sacrificing game time in the short term and I doubt you feel the same about him.

Anyway, this isn't even the Carney thread. Would be nice if we kept the over sensitive reactions to the correct thread so people can choose to ignore it.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Caleb has followed his brother southwards out of Villa Park, although he's gone straight past London and down to Crawley where he's on a season-long loan with an obligation to buy.

Blimey, no messing. Was wondering why he'd suddenly disappeared into other football thread.

Clearly we just signed him as added incentive to try to keep his brother happy and sign a new deal so pretty much redundant now. Unless he was some massive prospect when we signed him and we've decided the poor loan at Livingston means there's no point keeping him around.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/september/01/chukwuemeka-joins-crawley-town-on-loan/

Aston Villa can confirm Caleb Chukwuemeka has joined Crawley Town on a season-long loan.

The loan deal also includes an obligation to buy.

Chukwuemeka joined Villa in August 2021 after enjoying a breakthrough season with Northampton Town.

He made his debut for the Club in the Carabao Cup later that month at Barrow and spent the latter part of last term on loan at Livingston.

Good luck, Caleb!

wow, he got ejected quick.

Â