Caleb Chukwuemeka

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

What a disastrous signing for him, put his development back 2 seasons at least. £20m a fair price for a player that age. Good luck to the lad, he's going to need it .

I think u may be on the wrong thread

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, tinker said:

Whoops 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

What a disastrous signing for him, put his development back 2 seasons at least. £20m a fair price for a player that age. Good luck to the lad, he's going to need it .

Two chuckwuemekas, there’s only two chuckwuemekas……

Only my opinion, likely wrong, but we pandered to Carney by signing Caleb. And now, Carney is off, Caleb is 21 in a few months, 2 career goals (including 1 for mighty Corby Town and the other for Northampton). Struggled at Livingston, didn't even score, in fact, in one of the games last season on loan there he was subbed on and subbed off within seven mins for reasons of having a bad attitude / being out of his depth. Talking of scoring, there is more chance of me scoring a date with Kate Upton, tonight, than there is of Caleb ever making it at this club. Given the age and possible lack of development, and since I am a petty sort who holds grudges easily, I would sell him tomorrow, even if all I could get was a KitKat or a Bounty in exchange, I'd take it. Caleb is not needed so much any more and we have better, younger forwards with more prospects. All the best, either way, and good luck for the season for the lad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 years old and playing in our PL2 team or on loan at a second rate team.  Exactly what Purslow said we don't want when he came on board. 

He'll be sold/loaned out till eternity/released now little brother has gone.

Purslow said we didn't want twenty year olds playing for our U23s as if they're still playing at that level by that age then they're probably not going to be good enough for us, but it's different if we've got players that age that are good enough to go out on loan, those players can still potentially make it with us, or if not we have a better chance of selling them on for a profit.

Last summer we signed, Frith, Caleb, Thorndike, and Azaz as older academy players, all in their twenties now, so we obviously have a plan for these type of players, which is probably to try and develop them to then sell on and make a profit, if they exceed our expectations and become good enough for our first team then even better.

Philogene is in his twenties, the likes of Kesler-Hayden, and Aaron Ramsey are approaching their twenties, but we aren't going to suddenly think they're not good enough if they're not part of our first team by then.

Caleb will likely go on loan and hopefully he does well, from what I watched of his time in Scotland, it really is unfair to judge him based on it, he was being played on the wing, and being brought on in games when they were going defensive, so at times being asked to play more like a fullback, also the style of play was completely different to anything I've seen in English football, was like watching a different sport at times, can guarantee all our other youngsters would have struggled in the same situation

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Purslow said we didn't want twenty year olds playing for our U23s as if they're still playing at that level by that age then they're probably not going to be good enough for us, but it's different if we've got players that age that are good enough to go out on loan, those players can still potentially make it with us, or if not we have a better chance of selling them on for a profit.

Last summer we signed, Frith, Caleb, Thorndike, and Azaz as older academy players, all in their twenties now, so we obviously have a plan for these type of players, which is probably to try and develop them to then sell on and make a profit, if they exceed our expectations and become good enough for our first team then even better.

Philogene is in his twenties, the likes of Kesler-Hayden, and Aaron Ramsey are approaching their twenties, but we aren't going to suddenly think they're not good enough if they're not part of our first team by then.

Caleb will likely go on loan and hopefully he does well, from what I watched of his time in Scotland, it really is unfair to judge him based on it, he was being played on the wing, and being brought on in games when they were going defensive, so at times being asked to play more like a fullback, also the style of play was completely different to anything I've seen in English football, was like watching a different sport at times, can guarantee all our other youngsters would have struggled in the same situation

Tbh, it feels like you have an excuse ready any time our youth players fail to excel out on loan. Its always either "Its unfair to judge them on it", "they actually performed a lot better than people think" or "they still developed very well despite not playing much" etc.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

And you put our youth players down base on 'whoscored' ratings.

Also I don't just defend our youth players when they're getting criticized for their loan periods, I also say when I think they're being overrated, as I think that can be unfair as well. I also say when I think our youngsters are being overrated whilst with us, like when people were calling for Brad Young and Raiklhy to get a chance in the first team, based on FA Youth Cup games.

Most young players will fail to excel when out on loan, especially their first loan, but you don't write them off because of that, just because they might be highly rated, it doesn't mean they have to look like wonder kids going out on loan, if that was the criteria hardly any players would ever make it, as most will look at best average when they first breakthrough, even the ones that go on to be very good players.

Besides the only loan players I can think of that I've defended are Barry and Caleb, pretty sure most people agree that Barry failing at Ipswich wasn't his fault, so that just leaves Caleb, I've had non Villa fans based in Scotland agree with me on here about his time in Scotland.

Â