Match Thread: Watford v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Mike Dean is a **** word removed, **** off

Every single time they shrug us off the ball it's a good challenge.  Every time we shrug them off the ball it's a foul. 

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

the problem is, Ings is a top player, so is Buendia, so is bailey, there has to come a point where we question other things, like the tactics, the selection, the manager, some purchases we arent making when even a layman fan can see we have issues in midfield.

Ings isnt one of the top PL scorers in recent years without good reason.

James Ward Prowse

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

Still just the first game, as they say it's a long season. 

Watford impressive though, Sarr in particular. 

We have looked at Sarr in the past.....but my suspicion is if he played for us, he would be just ok.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

the problem is, Ings is a top player, so is Buendia, so is bailey, there has to come a point where we question other things, like the tactics, the selection, the manager, some purchases we arent making when even a layman fan can see we have issues in midfield.

Ings isnt one of the top PL scorers in recent years without good reason.

We have spent over 300m on transfers since we came back up, the money was and is there, only so many more excuses are available.

The main thing is they just need time to get up to speed with each other. The quality is there and they'll be fine once they click. 

Just now, Digavilla said:

The only consolation is Watford did us the favor by sacking Pearson in last 3 games , they went down & we stayed up.. 

I honestly think that was very lucky on our part. I doubt we would bounce back up again like they did, that is not the villa way. we would have found a way to shoot ourselves in the foot and make it difficult for ourselves.

• Like 1