Match Thread: Watford v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Only following this by text on the BBC sports app (tried AVFC commentary but it was hard to get any sense of what is going on),

It seems we are dominating possession yet being overrun in defence.

Can anyone explain the paradox?

Yes. It's my birthday and that gap-toothed word removed Elton John is trying to ruin it because I never bought any of his records.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Only following this by text on the BBC sports app (tried AVFC commentary but it was hard to get any sense of what is going on),

It seems we are dominating possession yet being overrun in defence.

Can anyone explain the paradox?

They are destroying us on the break. They have actual pace and are just playing in into space and chasing it down. Worst half I've seen from Villa in some time. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Always felt like we were going to have some downs due to new players in, Jack leaving and change in tactics and formation but I never imagined we'd be losing our first game to Watford lol.

Ghazi is crap, should of sold him, Target is having an absolute stinker, Ming's has made many mistakes on the edge of our own box.

Something needs changing own.

Thingis even if we start playing better we've still got to tuck the balls away and I feel we just won't do that.

Thing is, we're not just losing.  We're losing 2 - 0 that could easily have been 3 or 4 - 0 and we've not laid so much as a glove on them. 

Edited by sidcow

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Wind your neck in. He's done nothing wrong. But instead the same posters constantly gripe at him. Shittest players on the pitch have been McGinn and Targett. But you're not saying anything about them. I wonder why. 

Wind my neck in 🤣 he's fallen over twice - that's literally been his contribution to this game. 

I have mentioned Targett multiple times as well. So get yourself to Specsavers and think/read before you type.