Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

Perhaps Wesley has got a move in the pipeline and Smith brought him on for the final few minutes as a type of farewell appearance. IIRC he gave some fans near the tunnel his match shirt when leaving the pitch. Shame that we never got to see him improve, he was certainly getting better prior to the injury. Or perhaps i'm overthinking it!

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

That's a woeful team.

Anything can happen this game.

I wouldn't agree, back 4 a good enough to start a Prem game. The attacking three of El Ghazi JPB and Chukwuemeka also looks good, Nakamba and Hourihan should do fine in midfield too

• Like 1

Interesting lineup.

I'm assuming Sanson just isn't being risked. Wes could be anything - move in the balance, last minute injury, or Smith has plans for him beyond what we expect. Surprised AEG plays, the rest of as expected really.

Just now, Chindie said:

Interesting lineup.

I'm assuming Sanson just isn't being risked. Wes could be anything - move in the balance, last minute injury, or Smith has plans for him beyond what we expect. Surprised AEG plays, the rest of as expected really.

AEG not going to get much game time this season if Bailey / Traore / Buendia stay fit. So makes sense to start him here

Not quite the line up I expected as I thought a few more first teamers would be involved. But it’ll be good to see the youth. Maybe Wesley is off or being held back in case he loses it. Sansom must be way off fitness..

Edited by Strog

5 hours ago, useless said:

Between injuries to our strikers and others having gone out on loan, and presuming that Ings won't be involved because we can't really afford to risk him, I wouldn't be surprised to see Caleb Chukwuemeka or Cameron Archer involved, maybe both. Archer has started well for the U23s scoring two very well taken goals in two, and has a couple of assists as well.

Well done me, I was right, good chance for Archer to impress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1