Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

Weird one re: Wesley. He was even being used in a good bit of the promo for the game, as recently as this morning in fact, so - without trying to read too much into what could be nothing - it kind of makes me think he has a niggle rather than a move has just suddenly materialised in the space of a day or so.

Shame that Sanson obviously either isn't it up speed yet or is being saved for the weekend, but a atrong team otherwise, although the bench doesn't leave much in the way of players that could bail us out if we find ourselves in a situation like Burton last year.

18 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Wesley is finished isn’t he?!

It's a weird one, but if he was finished, would he have been brought on as a sub last match?

Might have had an injury set back, or grabbed MacPhee by the throat for forcing him to head.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Surely Wesley off.

El Ghazi starting makes me think Bailey or Watkins are fit for Saturday  

Looking forward to seeing chuk and bidace 

ye i thought that also....

• Like 4

I’m happy with this team, it’s a strong line up considering the opposition. It shows respect to them. 

My daughter has a friend in Barrow who’s going tonight, he’s texting her that he can’t believe we’ve out so many senior players out. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Steer, Cash, Mings, Konsa, Targett, Nakamba, Ramsey, Chuk, El Ghazi, Buendia, Ings

Even though we have a game in less than 96 hours in which most of these players are likely to feature?

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m happy with this team, it’s a strong line up considering the opposition. It shows respect to them. 

My daughter has a friend in Barrow who’s going tonight, he’s texting her that he can’t believe we’ve out so many senior players out. 

A friend huh?

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886lez86n3o0izhynbg65

• Haha 2

Why don’t I remember Dimitri Sea? The name doesn’t even ring a bell

Tony Xia's deal, Kodjia & a 30-yard rocket - Meet Aston Villa starlet who's smiling again at Barrow

Here's a look at the rise and fall and rise again of French striker Dimitri Sea who's now looking to make a name for himself at League Two Barrow who Villa visit on Tuesday

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Even though we have a game in less than 72 hours in which most of these players are likely to feature?

Do you think Champions League teams play 2 different sides in Europe and domestic?

They can handle it fine, and need match fitness.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Steer, Cash, Mings, Konsa, Targett, Nakamba, Ramsey, Chuk, El Ghazi, Buendia, Ings

I see what you’re saying but would you want to risk further injuries to key first teamers with a game coming up on Saturday? I wouldn’t. The team picked should be enough to win, and they will also benefit from the run out. 

• Like 1