Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

Just now, It's Your Round said:

I see what you’re saying but would you want to risk further injuries to key first teamers with a game coming up on Saturday? I wouldn’t. The team picked should be enough to win, and they will also benefit from the run out. 

I want to win any cup we're involved with. We've not won a major trophy for a long time.

Yes I would take this game super seriously.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

We are playing a League 2 club, if now is not the time to give our youngsters some time them when is? More than happy with this line-up.

We shouldn't treat a competitive game like a development arena.

I will have to disagree. I want to win any cup we're involved with.

Just now, villalad21 said:

I want to win any cup we're involved with. We've not won a major trophy for a long time.

Yes I would take this game super seriously.

I agree. I just think that the team selected is actually a serious team. If we wanted to disrespect Barrow, we’d have thrown the U23s in. Either way, it’s all academic when we win 4-0. 

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I thought this was a good opportunity for the first teamers to get some more needed match fitness. Basically treating it like a pre season game.

Wasted opportunity. Meh, still excited to see some of the youngsters.

So not woeful then?

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I agree. I just think that the team selected is actually a serious team. If we wanted to disrespect Barrow, we’d have thrown the U23s in. Either way, it’s all academic when we win 4-0. 

But we have a greater chance to lose with this team that's my whole point.

I want to win the cup.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

We're playing a back 4 of Guilbert, Hause, Tuanzebe and Targett, a midfield of Nakamba, Hourihane and our most exciting prospect, along with El Ghazi (who is our top scorer in the PL since we came back up) and our second most exciting prospect. Given who we're up against, that is taking the game quite seriously.

Exactly. 

That's a premier league back 4 (probably would struggle but still prem) 

Nakamba and hourihane are bottom half prem/championship standard. 

We're expecting Chuk and Bidace to play Premier league football at times. 

El Ghazi scored double figures in the prem last season. 

It's a back up team that should easily deal with the game. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

We're playing a back 4 of Guilbert, Hause, Tuanzebe and Targett, a midfield of Nakamba, Hourihane and our most exciting prospect, along with El Ghazi (who is our top scorer in the PL since we came back up) and our second most exciting prospect. Given who we're up against, that is taking the game quite seriously.

However you try to spin it, it's a reserve team, and gives us a greater chance getting knocked out.

• Haha 1