Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

I know it's good money, but I don't like the idea of a betting sponsor. Always seems trashy and smalltime to me. None of the 'Sky 6' have betting sponsors.

Have any Champions League qualifiers from the PL had betting sponsors? I can't find any in recent years. 

But that says more about the advantage the sky 6 have over everyone else 

Id love us to have someone like cadburys or even fortress etc on our shirts but they aren't in the market for £20m+ a year let alone the £50m+ the likes of Chelsea and utd pull in, we have to take what we can get 

And they still have gambling partners paying them good chunks of money, they're just not on the shirt

Potentially we've just inflated ours in the period before the ban comes, there's likely to be a drop off but we'll drop from a higher position, it's great timing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

I know it's good money, but I don't like the idea of a betting sponsor. Always seems trashy and smalltime to me. None of the 'Sky 6' have betting sponsors.

Have any Champions League qualifiers from the PL had betting sponsors? I can't find any in recent years. 

All of the Sky 6 have betting sponsors. Just no one prepared to put up enough money to get on the front of the shirt. 

I dont support the ban, its just a gesture. Football isnt trying to get rid of gambling at all. Skybet adverts will still be part and parcel of every broadcast prem game. 
If they were serious, Id agree. 

• Thanks 1

Worth noting that the ban is going to be for front of shirt sponsorship only - I think there will still be gambling sleeve sponsors, official partners, and so on and I'm sure it'll be all around the pitch side boards.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Worth noting that the ban is going to be for front of shirt sponsorship only - I think there will still be gambling sleeve sponsors, official partners, and so on and I'm sure it'll be all around the pitch side boards.

So potentially Betano becoming training kit sponsors?

Next up a nice new sleeve sponsor - Rakuten perhaps or a Chinese electric car company. We are on track to at least triple our sponsorship deal commercial income in one fell swoop … 

• Like 3

On 21/03/2024 at 18:23, KAZZAM said:

20 mill a season is big money but comes at a huge cost of promoting gambling again. 

who cares tbh.

make hay and all that.

• Like 1

Was watching the Wales-Ukraine game and just before the penalties they went to an ad break. Must've been an Aussie channel as there was an advert promoting Spurs and their collab with a ticket resale website aimed at Australians paying top end for premium premier league matches and potential CL games.

Here it is:

Tottenham Hotspur FC - Soccer - Sports - Ticketverse

700 + to watch Angeball v Man. City....

I presume they have a similar link up with Asia so all the South Koreans can film "Sonny" behind the goal.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Was watching the Wales-Ukraine game and just before the penalties they went to an ad break. Must've been an Aussie channel as there was an advert promoting Spurs and their collab with a ticket resale website aimed at Australians paying top end for premium premier league matches and potential CL games.

Here it is:

Tottenham Hotspur FC - Soccer - Sports - Ticketverse

700 + to watch Angeball v Man. City....

I presume they have a similar link up with Asia so all the South Koreans can film "Sonny" behind the goal.

They have a huge following in Aus. Supporters clubs watch the games at all hours.

Ive not found 1 active group in Sydney or Perth for villa.

We maybe similar in trophies over the years but they’re huge in comparison today. 

Good club to emulate commercially.

Edited by spiezels
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, spiezels said:

They have a huge following in Aus. Supporters clubs watch the games at all hours.

Ive not found 1 active group in Sydney or Perth for villa.

We maybe similar in trophies over the years but they’re huge in comparison today. 

Good club to emulate commercially.

Is that just due to London + CL regulars in last decade? Can't recall them having any Australian presence until Ange turned up.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Is that just due to London + CL regulars in last decade? Can't recall them having any Australian presence until Ange turned up.

When I lived in Melbourne, I went to watch Villa v Spurs at about 4am at a bar in town (it had a late license).

I was the only Villa fan there and there were about 20 Aussie Spurs fans.

This was the game Son scored in the last minute so about 5 or 6 years ago.

Here in Thailand, Spurs are far bigger and better known than Villa, although everyone "supports" Liverpool and Man United. Same in Malaysia and Singapore.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Not sure, assume so. My birds family are all spurs season ticket holders, some Of them live in perth now and when i visited last few times the group of spurs they have there is huge, pubs full for games. We watched the world cup as a group and there were noticeably loads of spurs in perth.

Im now working in sydney and can find spurs meet ups but not one for villa… in Sydney or perth. 

The stairwells at the ethihad now show sponsor logos. They’re rinsing every square inch for profit. 

Stairways at venues, are free real state space that has never been used before for commercial purposes. This unused space is visible for TV cameras broadcasting the games or events at the venue.
With STAIRMEDIA, brands can create a much wider impact on clients and potential clients.
STAIRMEDIA offers an innovative, creative and technological approach so that our clients can create new income that otherwise would never exist.

Hardware:
We’ve engineered a hardware system that is compatible and approved by all low voltage regulations worldwide.
With a quick and suit installation process, our hardware can fit easily on any kind of structural features.

Software:
With an accurate content development, we can ensure to strike on the visual perception of the audience (tv and venue visitors). We have developed and produced content of great visual impact and this is where STAIRMEDIA becomes an effective and highly visible channel for brands that look for new advertising channels, taking care about the live impact and it’s retransmission through television channels.

https://stairmediaglobal.com/about-us/

IMG_9761.jpeg

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

The stairwells at the ethihad now show sponsor logos. They’re rinsing every square inch for profit. 

https://stairmediaglobal.com/about-us/

IMG_9761.jpeg

a bit of a wacky quote (the quote you linked - talking about cutting edge step advertising), you just need to go to a train station and see how they have adverts on every step up and down from concourses, to see how you can monetise steps.

surprised it isnt common place in football tbh.

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

a bit of a wacky quote (the quote you linked - talking about cutting edge step advertising), you just need to go to a train station and see how they have adverts on every step up and down from concourses, to see how you can monetise steps.

surprised it isnt common place in football tbh.

I believe though this is a digital system… I think we are gunna see more and more sponsors logos blazoned around grounds like at MLB stadiums given the sheer global tv viewing figures… 

IMG_9762.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, imavillan said:

surely there's a massive sponsorship opportunity here?

Tough year? This must be an old video 😊 this is the best year we had in living memory 😂

Joking aside, if only CEOs didn't have to report to directors and shareholders you could be onto something.

• Like 1

Just now, Czarnikjak said:

Tough year? This must be an old video 😊 this is the best year we had in living memory 😂

Joking aside, if only CEOs didn't have to report to directors and shareholders you could be onto something.

Coke  home kit ,Diet Coke away kit  Coke Zero 3rd kit.  Perfect.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, imavillan said:

surely there's a massive sponsorship opportunity here?

There were rumours of Coca Cola executives attending a Villa game a few months back alongside Wes Edens, weren't there?

I think the speculation at the time was about them replacing BK8 as the shirt sponsor, but given the Betano announcement since it clearly isn't that.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

Â