Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

It is and it isn't.  Our wages to turnover ratio is **** awful so - depending on when the chances come in - that somewhat limits our ability to delve into the transfer market and attract the sort of names that would take the team forward.

It's worth pointing out that, that doesn't include player sales which are counted in both this and uefa ffp rules. 

17 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It's worth pointing out that, that doesn't include player sales which are counted in both this and uefa ffp rules. 

And also a key part of how we operate, especially with developing and selling young players. We still have scope to build up the commercial side too.

No doubt already been posted so apologies, but will our European run generate much additional income this season, especially if we win it?

We’ll again have some form of European football next season also, so was wondering what UEFA competitions generate overall per season?

8 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

No doubt already been posted so apologies, but will our European run generate much additional income this season, especially if we win it?

We’ll again have some form of European football next season also, so was wondering what UEFA competitions generate overall per season?

We'll make about £20m for ECL this season if we make the final.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

What are you including in there? 

An additional seven home games, prize money and TV income should make us a reasonable amount and the exposure should help in terms of our visibility and presence for sponsors.

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

An additional seven home games, prize money and TV income should make us a reasonable amount and the exposure should help in terms of our visibility and presence for sponsors.

About £20m for winning ecl is the prize money from uefa. AFAIK there's no separate payments for broadcast, it's all bundled together in that £20m + anything we can make on match days from punters.

It's not pure profit though. Cost base goes up as well (bonuses paid to players, increased operating expenses etc.) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

It's not pure profit though.

Thank you. Oddly, on this bit, after next season it doesn't look like profit (or loss) will be a factor going forward  - only top line income.

8 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Yep, £20m from UEFA plus another £5m from matchday. 

Next season will make around £40m minimum from UEFA for the 8-10 base matches, plus an extra £8m from matchday revenue.  

If we qualify out of the group, add an extra £10m on top. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Leicester recorded £22 mill in their accounts for their recent run in the conference - I thought that was loads...

That was for Europa League group stage and Conference playoffs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yeah prize money is €19.5m if we win it and additional home income. Assume sponsorship bonuses too for the increased exposure. 

I think there might not be a huge financial gap between going deep like SF/Final in Europa League Vs getting a couple of wins and going out on playoffs in CL next season in terms of prize money and additional attendance at games. The sponsors bonuses might be different though 

• Like 1

I wonder how much we currently make on a Euro matchday - I'd guess around a million in ticket sales (with the very reasonable prices), some hospitality, the catering money, programmes and so on - maybe £1.25m. So an additional £8.5m this season?

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wonder how much we currently make on a Euro matchday - I'd guess around a million in ticket sales (with the very reasonable prices), some hospitality, the catering money, programmes and so on - maybe £1.25m. So an additional £8.5m this season?

What will be interesting to know is how much extra wages the players get for being in Europe. They have to play more games and there are more incentives into contracts so clubs better balance income and wages. 

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

What will be interesting to know is how much extra wages the players get for being in Europe. They have to play more games and there are more incentives into contracts so clubs better balance income and wages. 

Even if it's just a 10% bonus, which doesn't sound too excessive, it's £20m... Equal to whole conference prize money.

24 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Even if it's just a 10% bonus, which doesn't sound too excessive, it's £20m... Equal to whole conference prize money.

I remember when Conference League came in there were issues with the big 6 in particular Spurs because the contracts had bonus structures based Europa League being baseline prize money and additional payments for CL. So qualification to ECL was a net negative almost 

Edited by CVByrne

will out conference league run also help us earn more in europe next season. I saw that United took c50m from the champions league this year vs Newcastle taking c25m despite both going out in the group stages. I believe this was all down to co-efficient

40 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

will out conference league run also help us earn more in europe next season. I saw that United took c50m from the champions league this year vs Newcastle taking c25m despite both going out in the group stages. I believe this was all down to co-efficient

Eventually yes, but not necessarily next season yet. It's your coefficient sum over last 5 or 10 years, I think it's 10 but not 100% on that , so you need to steadily build it up over time.

Edited by Czarnikjak

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

Eventually yes, but not necessarily next season yet. It's your coefficient sum over last 5 or 10 years, I think it's 10 but not 100% on that , so you need to steadily build it up over time.

It’s 10 years. The 36 teams in the groups stage will be ranked based on the coefficient over the last 10 years. Next year the top ranked team get 36 shares of the historical ranked bonus, second team get 35 shares, and so on, and the last ranked team get 1 share. A share for next season is estimated to be worth around £250,000. Aston Villa is currently ranked as the 81st club by UEFA, so don’t expect much of this bonus. To get a decent return we need to win a lot of group matches and progress deep into the knockout stage.

On 17/04/2024 at 15:00, MotoMkali said:

Remember two things. One is that all wages even those players on loan are represented under wages. Plus in the last accounts we had to pay up Gerrard and his staff almost 3 years worth of wages. So it's skewed high as a result.

Our revenue is increasing, higher finishing positions in PL and a European Cup run. We have brought in younger players and hopefully can move on the players on high wages we don't need like Chambers and Dendonker.

Â