Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's a great target in terms of customer experience, but in terms of income it means just about nothing.

By the looks of things, we're making maybe £3-4m a year on our food & drink offers, and we're making more of that in Hospitality than we're making in the concourses. So maybe £1.5m a season - up that by 25% with better offers and you add £375k - or an increase of about 0.16% to our overall income.

Agree it's a lot of effort for not a lot of margin but as a football club we only have so many revenue streams.

The poor quality food and poor customer service also create a poor impression of the ground and the overall experience. 

Make these better and you can start to charge more of a premium on tickets. This is the model we're already seeing the club adopt but it's currently all or nothing, poor food or hospitality. For me it's clear the club has room for something in the middle and if don't right that represents income. 

3 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

But yoi Don't see redevelopment as the solution?

It a sense, I feel redevelopment may be " kicking the can down the road " .

I could obviously be totally wrong.

From what I see some say, it seems that there is only so much which could be done at VP, before it becomes outdated again.

So i guess the perspective of some is, instead of pump all the money into a redevelopment which may be a shorter/medium term solution, why not just extract as much value out of current infrastructure at minimal cost and then put the Megabucks into a much more fruitful, LONG term solution/venture?

49 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It a sense, I feel redevelopment may be " kicking the can down the road " .

I could obviously be totally wrong.

From what I see some say, it seems that there is only so much which could be done at VP, before it becomes outdated again.

So i guess the perspective of some is, instead of pump all the money into a redevelopment which may be a shorter/medium term solution, why not just extract as much value out of current infrastructure at minimal cost and then put the Megabucks into a much more fruitful, LONG term solution/venture?

if it were guaranteed I would prefer that

Posted (edited)

It's evident that we report match day income as ticket sales only so the actual number, while impossible to infer but still certainly terrible, is not as bad as being made out when compared to the likes of Leeds and Soton.

Back of a fag packet calculations do suggest a few million extra would be possible just by being able to buy beer and pies, which is and has forever been a tragic failure.

Edited by fightoffyour

37 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

It's evident that we report match day income as ticket sales only so the actual number, while impossible to infer but still certainly terrible, is not as bad as being made out when compared to the likes of Leeds and Soton.

Back of a fag packet calculations do suggest a few million extra would be possible just by being able to buy beer and pies, which is and has forever been a tragic failure.

I’m not so sure all of the blues transfer money, for many years was provided by the money made on the booze and pies sold to fat Baz (and his triple seat season ticket)

Fat pillock RIP

For 24/25 in terms of sponsors is this accurate:

Kit Manufacturer - Adidas

Front of Shirt sponsor - Likely new sponsor with BK8 dropping?

Sleeve Sponsor - Trade Nation

Training Kit sponsor - Likely new sponsor

That right?  Lots of opportunity for additional revenue there?

With most of us not being able to get tickets these days without a season ticket how about a lottery where tickets to games can be won, perhaps with some player meetings, tunnel access etc. 

I’d buy a ticket

How about a ticket to one of Emi’s BBQs as well

Just now, burchy said:

With most of us not being able to get tickets these days without a season ticket how about a lottery where tickets to games can be won, perhaps with some player meetings, tunnel access etc. 

I’d buy a ticket

• Like 1

Joking aside it’s the partner deals we need, similar to those that Chelsea or Liverpool have. They seem to have partner organisations for anything and everything. 

56 minutes ago, andycv said:

I don't think we've ever split our kit and training between sponsors before - be interesting if we do.

Was the Trade Nation deal multi-year?

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think we've ever split our kit and training between sponsors before - be interesting if we do.

I'm not sure but i think Trade Nation expires this summer. 

1 hour ago, andycv said:

That right?  Lots of opportunity for additional revenue there?

BK8 dropping?, i thought we signed a 3 year deal with them in June 23?, so it runs out in June 26?

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

BK8 dropping?, i thought we signed a 3 year deal with them in June 23?, so it runs out in June 26?

There's been some talk of us buying out of it if we can secure a better deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

There's been some talk of us buying out of it if we can secure a better deal.

cool, if its for a better deal, that good i guess!

1 hour ago, andycv said:

Kit - Castore to Adidas - additional £10-15m?

Shirt - BK8 - 2 more years, unlikely we can get out of it unless we pay them off. Which might still be worth it if we are in the CL.

Sleeve - Trade Nation £1m to £2-3m?

Training Kit or even European CL kit sponsor - depends whether the BK8 deal already included those aspects. 

Training ground sponsor - Would anyone want to sponsor us?

VP stands sponsor - maybe £100k each?

VP name sponsor - maybe £500k?

Official airline sponsor - All the sky 6 get paid big money by airlines. Can we muscle in with a tie-up as well?

Edited by ender4

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Kit - Castore to Adidas - additional £10-15m?

Shirt - BK8 - 2 more years, unlikely we can get out of it unless we pay them off. Which might still be worth it if we are in the CL.

Sleeve - Trade Nation £1m to £2-3m?

Training Kit or even European CL kit sponsor - depends whether the BK8 deal already included those aspects. 

Training ground sponsor - Would anyone want to sponsor us?

VP Stands sponsor - maybe £100k each?

VP name sponsor - maybe £500k?

Official airline sponsor - All the top 6 get paid big money by airlines. Can we muscle in with a tie-up as well?

Manure probably makes more from their Official nose hair trimmer partner or their Chinese tractor partner than we make in total :(

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the Trade Nation was 3 years, and BK8 too, but there have been strong rumours of us mutually ending the arrangement early.

In terms of training kit - we don't have any sponsor on there at the moment - and it was previously Cazoo - so I expect the club are looking at this hard (Liverpool and others make a decent amount out of this).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Unibet & 32Red when we were in the championship? I know it was basically the same sponsor but technically two different companies. Unibet on the training gear and 32red on the kits? Not trying to be pedantic either, just something I thought we had done before?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MapleVilla said:

Unibet & 32Red when we were in the championship? I know it was basically the same sponsor but technically two different companies. Unibet on the training gear and 32red on the kits? Not trying to be pedantic either, just something I thought we had done before?

I never realised that had happened - in my head they were different sponsors at different times - thank you.

That said, I also hadn't noticed that BK8 weren't on our current training kits.

I really think there's scope just on the main sponsorship opportunities (kit manufacturer, shirt front, sleeve, training) to increase our total revenue from last season by a sum that's more than the total amount of our matchday revenues - I think that's the area where the opportunity is and I that's where Mr Heck has built his reputation - that's the test for him.

• Like 1

Why is everyone so convinced that we’re getting out of the BK8 deal two years early? Unlike with Castore, there’s no breach of contract/performance issue, so why the confidence?

Â