hippo

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Pink is performing at VP. Will bring in some good money you’d imagine

****. How did you do that? 

I had to scroll 3 pages to find this thread 😡

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Assuming this article is correct, then it seems our profile is high in the US. That said, much of it may have been linked to Gerrard but if that's what it took to help increase the commercial revenue then so be it.

Hopefully, we can now capitalise on any budding interest by being a successful team.

https://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/2022/09/14/americas-most-googled-premier-league-teams/

20230103_110103.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just goes to show that the move for stevie was at least in part a commercial one. 

The US is surely still a fairly untapped market to sell ourselves in.

Need to lay the groundwork before the World Cup there, after that, it’s open season. They’ll all be into it.

Well. One thing they could do is employ some staff in the ticket office or someone to redesign the functionality of the website to buy tickets. Absolute shambles. 1 hour on hold to then get timed out. Doesn't open until 10. Hour closed for lunch. Wtf are they doing? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tommytenjobs said:

Well. One thing they could do is employ some staff in the ticket office or someone to redesign the functionality of the website to buy tickets. Absolute shambles. 1 hour on hold to then get timed out. Doesn't open until 10. Hour closed for lunch. Wtf are they doing? 

It's a total pisstake since Covid.  

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

We need to start getting sponsorship deals outside of the main club sponsor, last month Spurs got a multi million pound deal to be their 4x4 vehicle partner. Man Utd have loads of these, it’s so much extra money coming in.

Miley Cyrus concert!

On 03/01/2023 at 02:06, StanBalaban said:

Assuming this article is correct, then it seems our profile is high in the US. That said, much of it may have been linked to Gerrard but if that's what it took to help increase the commercial revenue then so be it.

Hopefully, we can now capitalise on any budding interest by being a successful team.

https://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/2022/09/14/americas-most-googled-premier-league-teams/

20230103_110103.jpg

Coutinho was probably a bigger factor than Gerrard, IMO.

Coutinho is a very popular player in the US. A lot of the big La Liga teams are extremely popular, and with a large latin/south american presence, not to mention how many in the US are also of Jamaican decent, it makes sense.

I might be " tone deaf " myself, but can someone explain the hate for betting companies to me?

Is it because people get addicted to gambling?

If so, people also get addicted to alchohol  ( for example ), yet it is served at stadiums and people don't have a problem with them being sponsors or promoted. Alchohol is a millions times worse than any betting could be.

Is there PROPER justification or is this extreme virtue signaling?

Genuine questions as i don't get it.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Disgraceful 

This is genuinely hilariously ridiculous considering how big a deal the Norwich situation ended up being. What are they doing. 

Edited by Indigo

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

This is genuinely hilariously ridiculous considering how big a deal the Norwich situation ended up being. What are they doing. 

Does nobody have access to Google?! It would take 2 minutes. Purslow has a lot to answer for about this ongoing problem. 

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I might be " tone deaf " myself, but can someone explain the hate for betting companies to me?

If so, people also get addicted to alchohol  ( for example ), yet it is served at stadiums and people don't have a problem with them being sponsors or promoted. Alchohol is a millions times worse than any betting could be.

I think it's because of the predatory practices of these companies as well as some of the shady financial stuff that they're involved in.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Here’s a good article from the Athletic on it.

Special report: How Premier League shirt sponsors ‘facilitate illegal gambling’

https://theathletic.com/2361984/2021/02/03/gambling-premier-league-shirt-sponsors-investigation/

• Like 2

Until Villa say it's a done deal I would not worry.

Replacing Cazoo you would think we could attract better.  For a sleeve sponsor it always seems to be dodgy companies you have never heard of.

Â