Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

Are we putting the club in a bit of a hole then with this note?

They either can't respond as it is a front shirt sponsor, and responding would confirm that putting us in breach of existing terms.

Or it isn't a front of shirt sponsor and they can respond saying it won't impact the shirts kids wear and isn't contradicting anything they've said previously about shirt sponsors, thus kind of a moot point.

I guess, in the latter case, they can still respond to the association with the firm in any case, and hopefully still reevaluate the agreement.

In any case, I'm in support of it being raised as a concern to them.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

people are aware we have used gambling sites before and no one was complaining then do why now?

i think the point is that people did complain, and purslow said that we would no longer have gambling sites as shirt sponsors so the worry is that he has gone back on his word

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i think the point is that people did complain, and purslow said that we would no longer have gambling sites as shirt sponsors so the worry is that he has gone back on his word

I have to say this is the first ive heard of this

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Purslow doesn't give a **** what fans think. Enjoy the round badge and be prepared to see season ticket prices continue to sky rocket.

Soon enough we will all be priced out anyway

I'm a fan, I'm glad he's put the financial importance of the club first. I bet often of horse racing and some other sports. I haven't a clue why people have issues with betting firms. My issue is with the lack of regulation of betting firms, which is down to the Government.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Purslow doesn't give a **** what fans think. Enjoy the round badge and be prepared to see season ticket prices continue to sky rocket.

Soon enough we will all be priced out anyway

Its not purslow, it's football

The league banning gambling sponsors can't come quick enough but then probably won't come at all because the PL has its own betting partner or will just be replaced by some block chain NFT nonsense anyway 

Couldn’t care less about that sponsor. Of all the things wrong with football, having BK8 - whoever the f*** they are - on the front of our shirts ranks pretty low down on the list.

If it means more money for us, I’m all for it because that is all that matters in this morally bankrupt sport. 👍

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Football is dead. So who cares.

Chelsea spend £400m in one window with no repercussions. Yet villa have to play the game to the rules, other teams are allowed to do what they want.

So a dodgy firm with dodgy advertising is the least of the club's worries.

• Like 2

Â