Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

He isnt "just a striker" for sure, the lad works hard, can drop off and play a bit also, very well rounded forward imo.

That ball to Cash was sublime, added to the pass to Watkins versus Southampton, plus his goals, i cant believe ppl were writing him off, madness.

• Like 1

Was brilliant tonight, his touch was brilliant, his link up lovely his work rate top notch. Still doesn’t seem like he can last 90, but the time he’s on it’s great. Seems Purslow was right when he said they’d looked into the Grealish replacements 

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its where he actually played at Southampton

Indeed. But interesting that it didn't work as well when played in just a 2 with Watkins. I suspect its because Che Adams, for all his faults, is a much better link up player than watkins. But putting coutinho as part of that 3 makes all the difference

1 minute ago, JPJCB said:

Indeed. But interesting that it didn't work as well when played in just a 2 with Watkins. I suspect its because Che Adams, for all his faults, is a much better link up player than watkins. But putting coutinho as part of that 3 makes all the difference

As you say Ings' problem this season has been a lack of service. Watkins does not feed him at all, further evidenced today after Watkins broke through on the right and squandered the perfect opportunity to tee up Ings.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

3 assists and a goal in 2 games with the limited amount of ball he got looking the most technical and complete striker on the books.

Best to hook against West Ham and give him 10 minutes against Arsenal.

I don't think Gerrard knows what he's doing.

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

How he dropped him I’ll never know looked more likely to score in them 10mins than 80mins of Watkins up front 

He had a niggle so wasn’t started as a precaution.

Â