Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Just now, Xela said:

While I don't think Ings is the perfect solution, i'd start him against Newcastle and bench Watkins. See how he plays with Emi and Coutinho

That’s what he needs, Ings’ not had chance to show what he can do on his own under Gerrard whereas Ollie has and looked poor.  Ings should get a few games so we can see what he has.  It might show we need a new striker in the summer but no point not at least trying given Ollie’s form.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I meant more in general to be honest.  Ings is a top striker and I’d never complain if he started. I can just see people saying Ollie should start a game later. 

Re my post above, I think we should at least try so we understand what we have so big decisions can be made in the summer.  We have many fans questioning Ings yet he hasn’t had chance up front alone under Gerrard.  If he doesn’t do well then it’s easy what to do in the summer with him if possible but if we don’t then we don’t know what we have.  Ollie is currently showing us we might be best to cash in on him but I hope he turns that around before the end of the season but he seems to just be getting worse.  Now we need to see what Ings can do.  If after a few games people are then calling for Ollie back, then so be it but if it works then it could be great.  No harm in trying.

• Like 1

To be fair to him he scored in the last two games he started, Brentford and ManU in the cup (until VAR finally found a straw to clutch on to disallow the goal).

Deserves a chance given Watkins's performances and lack of end product 

• Like 2

Loved his reactions on the bench against Leeds. Seems like a proper team player, good attitude around the place. Think he deserves his chance again now to lead the line. He’ll get the service from Phil and Emi to start getting his numbers up, I’ve got no doubt about that. Body language of Watkins on the pitch leaves a lot to be desired atm.

• Like 1

Â