Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Surprised nobody has Philogene-Bidace down to start considering how well he's done in preseason and that we have so many players either out or only just back with us. 

I did, less than a hour ago (previous page). 

45 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Really hoping Buendia and Watkins are both fit for this game. 

something tells me watkins will be but buendia wont. total guess

Well this new seaso. has come around quickly hasnt it and I cant help but feel we dont seem ready for it.

Losing Jack was of course a hammer blow, softened by some excellent business in getting in Buendia, Ings & Bailey. But the chances are Ings may be the only one starting. Watkins with a suspected muscle injury is concerning. 

Hopefully we can get early points on the board regardless, dont care how just get it done UTV

2 hours ago, Tegis said:

We used to do this way back in the old VillaTalk days. It was called "Why we must beat *****" It reeled in quite a few fishes like yourself ;)

We did indeed. I always grabbed first dibs on "Why we must beat Leeds". 

• Like 1

I don't think there's much doubt AEG will start. With the arrival of Buendia and Bailey, Smith will need to be careful to keep AEG and Traore happy and confident as back ups. 

Dropping Anwar from the team at this point, especially if Buendia is out, would send a poor message to those guys I think. 

As frustrating as he is much of the time, he was our main X-factor player last session without Grealish, and Smith will be reluctant to change too much too quickly. 

On 07/08/2021 at 08:22, messi11 said:

WOW WOW WOW WOW. What did I just read. Watfords Matchday preview is so unclassy its unreal- https://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/watford-v-aston-villa-14th-aug-official-matchday-thread.58594/

Honestly hope they go down. Classless post and club. Embarrassing 

image.png

I think that is a brilliant bit of writing, if you really are offended by that you need to chill out!

Edited by zab6359
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ponky said:

I don't think there's much doubt AEG will start. With the arrival of Buendia and Bailey, Smith will need to be careful to keep AEG and Traore happy and confident as back ups. 

Dropping Anwar from the team at this point, especially if Buendia is out, would send a poor message to those guys I think. 

As frustrating as he is much of the time, he was our main X-factor player last session without Grealish, and Smith will be reluctant to change too much too quickly. 

What message does it send to the squad when players are not being chosen on merit.  Young has had a really good preseason, Anwar has be been mediocre.

3 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

What message does it send to the squad when players are not being chosen on merit.  Young has had a really good preseason, Anwar has be been mediocre.

Apologies, you meant El Ghazi has been poor in pre-season, I wouldn’t read too much in to pre season

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

14 hours ago, Ponky said:

100% El Ghazi starts, no doubt in my mind.  Probably on the left too.

• Like 1

Welcome to the new season of the Mike Dean show. Episode 1 features Villa & Watford 😭

Referee: Mike Dean.
Assistants: Darren Cann, Mark Scholes.
Fourth official: Robert Jones.
VAR: Peter Bankes.
Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 07/08/2021 at 01:22, messi11 said:

WOW WOW WOW WOW. What did I just read. Watfords Matchday preview is so unclassy its unreal- https://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/watford-v-aston-villa-14th-aug-official-matchday-thread.58594/

Honestly hope they go down. Classless post and club. Embarrassing 

image.png

That's brilliant :lol:

• Like 1