Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

I’ve changed my mind from the team I suggested on page 3. Injuries are clearly a concern now, so I’d consider a back 5 for this game with Cash and Targett or Young pushing on when in possession  

Martinez 

--------Konsa---------Mings---------Hause———-

Cash                                                          Targett

----------------McGinn------Nakamba-----------------

------------Buendia or Carney  ----------------   

Watkins /  Ings   

Hause would also be great against Deeney.

Looking forward to the commentator bingo again this year:

- survived on the last day of 2020 season

- lost our talisman and local lad

- Dean smith is a Villa fan

- Watford were relegated by one point

- “ghost goal”

• Haha 3

Assuming Buendia, Sanson, Traore are missing (Bailey still isolating and not even at BMH) I’d stick with 4-3-3. 

Ollie————Ings——Young/JPB

McGinn——Marv——Chuk

Matty 1–Mings—Konsa—Matty 2

——————King Emi 

That’a strong team. 

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

Assuming Buendia, Sanson, Traore are missing (Bailey still isolating and not even at BMH) I’d stick with 4-3-3. 

Ollie————Ings——Young/JPB

McGinn——Marv——Chuk

——————King Emi 

That’a strong team. 

Will probably be something like this I agree. Just lacking any true creative nouse to feed the likes of Watkins and Ings. 

Without the craft of Bailey and Buendia I fear we’re back to dealing with our Achilles heel in not being able to carve open clear chances without Grealish. 

15 minutes ago, Awol said:

Ollie————Ings——Young/JPB

McGinn——Marv——Chuk

——————King Emi 

That’a strong team. 

I have a feeling that El Ghazi will be involved, so perhaps something like him on the right instead of Young/JPB?

46 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

We should bring that back!

think it was before my time so i'd love to see those

i'd start one myself but aside from Deeney i can't think of anything else for watford

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

think it was before my time so i'd love to see those

i'd start one myself but aside from Deeney i can't think of anything else for watford

It was before my time too, I would love to see it! Sounds amazing 

If we are missing Buendia and Watkins I would play it safe, stick to a formation we know with Young on the left to cover Targett against Sarr.              

Martinez

Cash  Konsa  Mings  Targett

McGinn   Nakamba

Traore    Ramsey      Young

Ings 

If we are missing Buendia but Watkins is fit; same again but Ings playing off Watkins

Martinez

Cash    Konsa   Mings   Targett

McGinn     Nakamba

Traore              Ings           Young

Watkins

With Buendia and Watkins fit I feel like we could properly take the game to Watford

Martinez

Cash    Konsa   Mings   Targett

McGinn     Nakamba

Buendia           Ings           AEG

Watkins

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s so important not to lose this for so many reasons. 

Honestly, I think this is more a fan mentality. Every year you have clubs that start slowly and finish well. West Ham after a terrible season the year before lost to Newcastle in the opener last season and eventually finished 6th.  As the cliché goes - the final table does not lie.

40 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Not really paid attention or much cared, but did Watford do any half decent transfer business or no? Just curious how they might set up.

I think their net spend is only about £8m … so either genius or reckless! They have signed Danny Rose and Josh King. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Honestly, I think this is more a fan mentality. Every year you have clubs that start slowly and finish well. West Ham after a terrible season the year before lost to Newcastle in the opener last season and eventually finished 6th.  As the cliché goes - the final table does not lie.

Fair point I’m just thinking in terms of the doom and gloom from the outside about us unable to cope without Jack.

Obviously I can’t make the Watford game so I’ll be listening to Jack Woodward if he’s doing radio commentary.

I think Grealish £100M is a total joke. He wasn’t worth that much. £40-50M is understandable but I think Pep will drop him for the rest of the season.How would City fans stand around the Etihad just to watch a presentation of singing Jack Grealish?

The signings we’ve made Danny Ings, Buendia, Bailey I think could make a good team. We finished 11th last season but could we finish higher this season? Apparently I hear Bailey is dynamite, I’ve seen his goals for Bayer Leverkusen and their pretty good.

Prediction could be a bold one but 0-3 to us. UTV.