Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

18 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've gone Ings instead of Watkins in FPL so prefer Ings hat trick

I'll graciously accept both outcomes, though the headline alliteration in the case of Ings will be a pickle.

8 hours ago, Gompedyret said:

I'll graciously accept both outcomes, though the headline alliteration in the case of Ings will be a pickle.

Ings stings Hornets.

I was gonna say Ings stings Hornets' wings for extra rhymey but that makes no sense.

• Like 1

Cant wait for the season to start. more optimistic than I have been for years. 

Also I have stopped my 4:1 bet (been doing it over 20 years) so hopefully it will happen now several times, changed to 2:0 UTV

Edited by Robtaylor200

Some solid players missing for them as well which is nice.

Joao Pedro and Joshua King out for Watford Premier League opener

Joao Pedro and Joshua King are set to miss the first match of Watford's Premier League campaign against Aston Villa.

The club had hoped King would recover from a groin problem that kept him out of last weekend's friendly at Crystal Palace, but the striker is still not quite ready. Nathaniel Chalobah will miss out through illness. Will Hughes remains with the Under 23s due to his ongoing contract issues.

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/19509018.joao-pedro-joshua-king-watford-premier-league-opener/

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

First day is always huge. The buzz you get with a win and 3 points is unmatched on openimg day. I cant stop looking at the table when you get the 100% start

I nearly imploded last season after Leicester😆 

That 1-0 win at Bournemouth on opening day 2015 must've been some comedown for you!

We didn't win another game for 5 months, what a horrible season that was. Was similatr optimism in that pre season IIRC which was very wishful thinking.

Opening days can be fun but I remember going to Arsenal in 2013, storming to a 3-1 win and coming away from that thinking we were going to finish top 6. Instead it was the usual Lambert season of staying up on 38 points.

Would take a draw at Watford and just look to win the two home games with more players up to speed and then that's a very good start to the season.

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Also I have stopped my 4:1 bet (been doing it over 20 years) so hopefully it will happy now several times, changed to 2:0 UTV

spacer.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Also I have stopped my 4:1 bet (been doing it over 20 years) so hopefully it will happy now several times, changed to 2:0 UTV

I'm having 4- 1 now

• Like 3