Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Just now, SuperTed said:

The great @rjw63’s birthday today! Happy Birthday mate and let’s hope for a Watford thumping. That and DHUTWU. Lots and lots of DHUTWU. 

Great post. Happy birthday to the great man. It's a change on VT usually WDFAFB

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

The great @rjw63’s birthday today! Happy Birthday mate and let’s hope for a Watford thumping. That and DHUTWU. Lots and lots of DHUTWU. 

Cheers yoof, having a quiet one as last night's take away curry (my son's treat) is making itself known in the colon area.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Captain Mings, the right choice. 

Debatable 

I would have gone for Martinez personally but what has happened has happened.

Let's focus on the game now.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Has it been confirmed yet if Watkins trained yesterday?

I can't find anything to say whether he trained or not. Cards kept close to the chest with this one. Maybe DS is trying to make Watford think a little more about what sort of team we will play. Hopefully we will see Ings & Watkins start

When I hear Smith say he's got a few choices in leader, it all makes me think despite handing the C armband to one he sees a few as the captain. You have Ming's who is without question a captain in his defence. You have Martinez who can also captain well. Ashley Young has a wealth of experience and Ings can easy captain the forward line.

I think Smith is looking to evolve the captain's Authority on the field by having a couple of players captain. It's tough for a defender to captain the frontline when there Jobs at the back, especially when the game has changed from the 90s and before. It'd make perfect sense I believe for Ming's to captain our half and have Ings captain the frontline attacks where his Knowledge would be most valuable.

Edited by Dave-R

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Not likely to start but probably comes on as sub

If it was any other opponent I'd agree. As it's Villa I genuinely almost expect he'll start as a one off. I'd certainly use him. Bloke has a hex over us. 

• Sad 1

Our team is going to surprise and impress us today. Most of my non supporting villa friends and family think we will do really well this year, and certainly seem more optimistic than a lot of our fan base. They are clearly seeing, objectively, a solid team with an impressive behind the scenes set up and decent management. They didnt really give us much of a chance since we've been back in the premier league, but the signings so far this summer have certainly made people sit up and take notice. I think that we will get a comprehensive win today, and the site will be a lot more optimistic at 5pm today

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

@rjw63 WAWOB   We always win on birthdays, may have to wait until January again for me. But hoping for a win for you today mate  

Jinx

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Happy Birthday RJW63!! have a wicked day.

We should have a Birthdays thread for everyone on VT or do we and I've just totally missed it all this time lol

• Like 1