Tim Iroegbunam

useless

3 hours ago, david-avfc said:

No way will we get £10m+ for Tim Iroegnunam. The other players mentioned both established themselves as top attacking players in the championship, Tim did OK for an inconsistent mid-table side as a decent all round midfielder… those players don’t go for that sort of money in the Championship and no PL team is going to buy him for big money based off his 137 minutes of PL action this season 

Tim was as good at younger age for QPR in his first Loan season in Championship. He graduated to the PL squad with us as a result.

He'll start v Liverpool and Palace if our season is over by this time next week.

Up to him to make something of those games while others will be going through the motions so will be excellent test of his mentality which UE was questioning two months ago.

He made a few bad passes when he came on, which was frustrating to say the least given the circumstances, although he wasn't the only one, after that he settled into it a little more, that burst forward with the ball which lead to Digne crossing opportunity, was pretty much his trademark first half of last season, he does it so well, put him in a team where he's not expected to be the main DM, and has some license to get forward and he will do well

31 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

I feel like he's got the talent..... but is shying/hiding away and playing it too safe. I think we should sell and put a buy back clause in.

He's 20 years old and getting into the first team during our best season in however many years, someone at the club rates him given we let Donk go and I don't even know where Chambers is these days. If I was 20 and playing in a European semi final, I'd probably be shying away. He probably expected to be playing Championship football again this season, and now he's on a stage he could only ever dream about. I like him, I hope he makes it. 

It's funny how people see things differently. I thought he looked good coming on.  He moved the ball well and looked calm and composed.  I would start him Sunday

• Like 4

It's clear the Unai doesn't trust him just yet as if he did he'd have had more game time given our midfield/injuries/suspension situation.

Sometimes you have to put players in the deep end and let them get on with it.

Looked scared to make a forward pass for a while, was always looking for the simple pass to Dougie. Did improve in that slightly after bursting forward, but if he wants to start games he needs to be more decisive 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Looked scared to make a forward pass for a while, was always looking for the simple pass to Dougie. Did improve in that slightly after bursting forward, but if he wants to start games he needs to be more decisive 

This, Tim needs to take a lead from  Rogers and his confidence levels. His lack of confidence means players protect him as well and don't play him the ball in tighter situations.

He needs to step up and try and make his mark, if he fails then so be it but to fail for the fear of trying is poor. Don't get me wrong he didn't do anything badly wrong but he didn't do enough to start a game and we only have 4 games left for him to do it.

I think he will make it as a decent player but I can't see he has the room to do it with us, unless he grows a pair and throws his worries a failure aside.

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

It has to be the hardest position on the pitch to play IMO. You have pressure from all sides, can't afford to lose the ball.

We have a lot of players out but the team doesn't flow as well when we play Bailey, Diaby, Watkins and Rogers in there. I don't know what it is but if you swap a couple of them and add in Tielemans, Buendia, McGinn, Ramsey I feel like there's more passing options in them pockets. Also think this is slightly why Luiz is struggling. Nothing against the first 4 players, I just think it needs a better balance overall.

• Like 2

Has to start against Brighton, instead one of the forward 4, not sure how to drop Diaby after a goal and assist but it’s either him or Rogers. 

I think it'd be worth risking him for a start against Brighton - he did well when he came on last night.

I think you'd be looking at giving Bailey a rest, see if whatever he's got bandaged up might feel a bit better with a day off.

I think Tim brings a bit of physicality and another player who can occupy the middle of the park and turn with the ball - strange as it might sound, I think McGinn and Luiz could benefit from having him there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it'd be worth risking him for a start against Brighton - he did well when he came on last night.

I think you'd be looking at giving Bailey a rest, see if whatever he's got bandaged up might feel a bit better with a day off.

I think Tim brings a bit of physicality and another player who can occupy the middle of the park and turn with the ball - strange as it might sound, I think McGinn and Luiz could benefit from having him there.

i think thats the thing, neither Luiz or McGinn are DMs, and it shows, especially when they both play as a pair in midfield.

The DM position is a real issue at mo i think, especially as we dont have Tielemans, and although it isnt his ideal position either, he seems to do it better than Luiz and McGinn.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Basically the difficult question is do you change the formation  to have  a more senior player, or stick to the tried and tested 3 in the middle with a young  untested player?

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Basically the difficult question is do you change the formation  to have  a more senior player, or stick to the tried and tested 3 in the middle with a young  untested player?

I think you move McGinn to the more advanced role that's slightly wider where he played when Kamara was in - McGinn on one side, Rogers on the other, Iroegbunam and Luiz centrally and Diaby off Watkins up top - but I can see why we haven't done that and gone with essentially moving the shape around and replacing Kamara with Bailey/Diaby.

4 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Has to start against Brighton, instead one of the forward 4, not sure how to drop Diaby after a goal and assist but it’s either him or Rogers. 

Think Bailey will be rested but then Zaniolo probably gets a start. Similar to Arsenal away.

Â