Tim Iroegbunam

useless

Posted (edited)

Cant see him being trusted against Brighton. Out the three games remaining it's on paper the easiest one to win.  And if we win it we are virtually assured of 4th spot. Then we csn focus on Thursday rest players in the final two league matches.

Edited by PaulC

13 hours ago, PaulC said:

Cant see him being trusted against Brighton. Out the three games remaining it's on paper the easiest one to win.  And if we win it we are virtually assured of 4th spot. Then we csn focus on Thursday rest players in the final two league matches.

It’s not only about resting but about having some presence in midfield, we look really soft in that department. Brighton will be pressing so we can’t just lose the midfield battle. 

14 hours ago, PaulC said:

Our midfield without Tielemans and Kamara looks pretty damn poor. I think he could well improve it.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

It’s not only about resting but about having some presence in midfield, we look really soft in that department. Brighton will be pressing so we can’t just lose the midfield battle. 

Move Konsa to rb. Carlos back in and tell Mcginn to hold his position instead  of venturing forward. Obviously Diaby and Rogers need have to do their bit and we will be a lot more solid. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Tim has big potential, his biggest issue right now is just too many errant passes. The Coner Gallagher goal wasn't really his fault as he was aware the second he moved to Gallagher, Gallagher would slip Palmer the ball in behind Tim. And Palmer was Tim's main responsibility to mark.

41 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Our midfield without Tielemans and Kamara looks pretty damn poor. I think he could well improve it.

It wouid be more solid if Mcginn played deeper like where Kamara played instead of venturing forward allowing Luiz more freedom. 

22 hours ago, PaulC said:

I want him to start but it's more so Luiz and McGinn can go back to where they are best. 

How did he get ZERO minutes today, love unai but seriously he has to play some part today when (after Thursday) again we lost the midfield battle. Feel sorry for Tim, gets bigged up when Boubs is injured then doesn’t even get a sniff when our only 2 other midfields are dead on their feet.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What's clear after today is Unai simply doesn't rate him at all.

I fully expect him to be sold in the summer with a buyback.

If he's not rated Chris then there is no point in a buyback. Makes the decision letting Dendonker go out on loan even more stupid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

If he's not rated Chris then there is no point in a buyback. Makes the decision letting Dendonker go out on loan even more stupid.

I think it's just more to cover ourselves if they get really good once they leave us. Nothing likes of Chelsea and Man. City don't do but of course they don't always exercise the clause like with Luiz.

What's clear with without doubt the first priority in the summer window has to be to sign a DM as we can't just waste months of next season waiting for Kamara to get fit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

What's clear after today is Unai simply doesn't rate him at all.

I fully expect him to be sold in the summer with a buyback.

We won't add a buyback. He isn't even being brought on when we are barebones. He just isn't good enough for this level. 

It makes no sense selling him given his contract is still 2027, a good season on loan in Championship could double/triple his value... 

Maintain he should have started we need to shore up that midfield McGinn and Luiz aren't working that's not including injuries aside.

Posted (edited)

The guy on the bench is always the solution. 

But Tim has looked tepid at best when playing. Maybe he is more of an 8 than a 6 but that Unai brought on Chambers, a guy he’s tried to sell twice, ahead of him says it all really. 

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Irrelevant of whether Tim will make it, Dunk was shit and Unai was obviously very happy to get his wages off the bill.

4 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I think Unai would rather player a McGinn dead on his feet then Donk. So would I. 

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think it's just more to cover ourselves if they get really good once they leave us. Nothing likes of Chelsea and Man. City don't do but of course they don't always exercise the clause like with Luiz.

What's clear with without doubt the first priority in the summer window has to be to sign a DM as we can't just waste months of next season waiting for Kamara to get fit.

Still convinced today they didn't activate that clause is because they wanted first dibs on Grealish..

Â