Tim Iroegbunam

useless

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Actually on a Huddersfield forum checking what they think of Kesler but they had a Tim thread

Said he was brilliant in possession but lazy out of it that he doesnt like to run

Just found said thread. You can add bewildering technique to the list of platitudes ! 

Strange isnt it how he left as a perfect profile for a DM and is now showing bewildering technique and skill.  Got a great one here 

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Every appearance he made for us he's looked out most accomplished youngster bar Ramsey. Looks like a seasoned 23 year old out there. He's only going to get better.

With Feeney - Tim - A. Ramsey/J. Ramsey - Archer - We have the making of a good spine developing there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Anyone know how that lad who went to Chelsea is getting along? We don’t seem to hear much about him, I hope he isn’t going to end up like that bloke who went to Man City and plays mostly on the bench. Good to see Tim developing well and getting plenty of games on loan. He could be ready for our first team under Unai. Escaping from the clutches of the Anticoach may have saved him. At least he won’t need counselling. 

He's come off the bench for them a couple of times

Watching Iroegbunam for QPR the thing that's impressed me the most is that I think he genuinely might be playing better for them or at least just as good for them as he was for us last season in the U23 league, which is remarkable as the step up from U21 football to first team football is massive, you don't normally expect academy players to step up to first team football and immediately look just as good as they did in the development games, it very rarely happens and shouldn't be expected, if a youngster comes into the team new to first team football and doesn't look out of place even just that is a very good sign because most academy products aren't going to be good enough for that, so for Iroegbunam to be doing as well as he is for QPR is extremely promising.

• Like 3

Also we've got another in Bogarde who for our U21s as looked on a similar level to Iroegbunam as a midfielder, as long as he can stay fit I think he could be the next one to go out on loan and make a big impression.

The thing about Bogarde is that although he plays defence or midfield, when he plays midfield he doesn't look like the typical defender playing in midfield that's basically there just to screen the back four and play it simple, he's a very good in possession, very calm on the ball, a good passer, and can carry the ball forward as well, never see him panic on the ball no matter what's happening around him.

And when he plays in defence he looks perfectly comfortable as well, even last season against first team oppostion in the EFL Trophy.

• Like 1

Lammy is definitely a midfielder played at Centre half to learn the game and toughen up, fabulous ability and a great chance to follow a similar path to Tim Iroegbunam. He really needs to pull his shorts up though, come and watch the rags down at Bodymoor and you'll see what I mean.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Actually on a Huddersfield forum checking what they think of Kesler but they had a Tim thread

Said he was brilliant in possession but lazy out of it that he doesnt like to run

At least they didn't call him languid.   That would have really started a sh*tstorm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 08/11/2022 at 21:47, Made In Aston said:

There is not one 'utility' player who is considered in the top 20 players in the world. There is a reason for that. Being a utility player hinders the individual from mastering a craft. 

your point is valid, not arguing with it.....but a huge part of being a top player, is the "reading of the game".....That helps if you have played in multiple positions, they usually make good leaders/captains too.

I think both points have merit.

• Like 2

I’ve often been very sceptical of our youth players and the news of their successes. Its all too easy to believe that they’re doing well and have a massive ceiling because that’s what we want to believe. But I genuinely think he’s by far our biggest prospect we have right now and has the potential to become someone special.

Edit: Now that I think about it, by far is probably stretching it. Philogene and Archer are probably about the same level, but they are a bit older. 

this is about my ranking right now of our youth talent in terms of how likely they are to pan out for us

Iroegbunam,

Philogene, Archer,

Ramsey, Hayden,

Azaz, Barry

Edited by Laughable Chimp

6 hours ago, TRO said:

your point is valid, not arguing with it.....but a huge part of being a top player, is the "reading of the game".....That helps if you have played in multiple positions, they usually make good leaders/captains too.

I think both points have merit.

It can be a simple as watching the game when your not involved in play, especially as a striker, making those runs, giving options to players who are on the ball even when your the other end of the pitch.

• Like 1

Haven't really been following him but wow looks like he's doing well....seems to be quick, strong and plenty of quality.

Not an easy league to be taking people on and making it look so easy.

Go on Tim! 

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

here u go friendo!

9 hours ago, Kingman said:

Will probably be the best thing to come through since Jack. 

IMO will be a better prospect than Ramsey 

Depends how you're using "come through" I guess - we've had him, what, 2 seasons if that?

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Depends how you're using "come through" I guess - we've had him, what, 2 seasons if that?

U18's / U21's levels then 1st team 

Bear in mind the kid only turned 19 four months ago 

Â