Tim Iroegbunam

useless

8 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Definitely one in and around first 11 next season. This loan has gone well - invaluable experience. 

That might be the case, I just hope if we do recall him, he doesn’t just sit on the bench like Archer. Personally, I’d be happy to send him out on loan again next season and just let him continue his development playing 35+ games in a season. 

No need to rush players back from loans. Kessler, Ramsey and Archer can all stay out on loan too next season for me. 

• Like 3

Tim is an incredibly powerful and skilful player with the ball at his feet. His tackling is also ferocious. At 19 he is making seasoned professionals look like kids. Tempting though it may be to bring him back, I’d leave him where he is this season and introduce him next season allowing a calm integration into our first team rather than just chuckling him in. The lad plays with huge confidence but not arrogance. What Unai can do with him could be quite spectacular, his career couldn’t be developing at a better time, under a better manager. Quite a stark contrast to Chuck who rushed off to Chelsea’s bench. To be fair to him it’s not hard to see why he wasn’t keen on allowing Gerrard to take care of his future. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, duke313 said:

He does look like he’ll be more than a standard DM, a 6/8 hybrid. From that video he is fond of travelling with the ball. I can see him and Kamara in the pivot, with Tim license to bomb forward.

I don’t think he’ll be replacing Luiz if he returns,  he’s played as an Attacking Midfielder for QPR a few times and as an 8 for Villa U21. I’m sure his future lies as a 6 in a pivot but given that Emery lines up often with 4 central midfielders I wouldn’t be surprised to see him used in the role Mcginn and Ramsey play.

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No need to rush players back from loans. Kessler, Ramsey and Archer can all stay out on loan too next season for me.

I don’t disagree to be honest but I think players will be assessed individually. Some may be deemed ready now, a lot will depend on their character and maturity as a person. From Tim’s highlight reels he looks ready now but they are highlight reels and as such don’t tell the whole story. Also there’s a mammoth difference coming back to be coached by UE than SG. 

Iroegbunam will have a much better chance of playing for us next season than Archer has had this season, for Iroegbunam is much closer in ability to the likes of Luiz, McGinn, Dendoncker, and even Jacob Ramsey, than Archer is in ability to Ings and Watkins, Iroegbunam not only has a much better chance of getting more game time if he was to stay with us next season but he could also establish himself as a regular.

• Like 3

If we don’t think we can give him much game time next season we should send him on loan to another PL team. He is ready for the PL and we can get someone else to pay us to aid his development.

I think he will be much better than Carney and will play for England 50 plus times (injury permitting). He’s got it all. He really understands his role in the team and is very disciplined at carrying out his manager’s instructions. The Sultan will love him.

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Iroegbunam will have a much better chance of playing for us next season than Archer has had this season, for Iroegbunam is much closer in ability to the likes of Luiz, McGinn, Dendoncker, and even Jacob Ramsey, than Archer is in ability to Ings and Watkins, Iroegbunam not only has a much better chance of getting more game time if he was to stay with us next season but he could also establish himself as a regular.

Whilst I agree with this, I think you need to learn to spell Tim correctly. 

17 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

If we don’t think we can give him much game time next season we should send him on loan to another PL team. He is ready for the PL and we can get someone else to pay us to aid his development.

I think he will be much better than Carney and will play for England 50 plus times (injury permitting). He’s got it all. He really understands his role in the team and is very disciplined at carrying out his manager’s instructions. The Sultan will love him.

I think given his position and his attributes he will get plenty of time off the bench next season. he can come on in any of the 4 midfield spots. If we are losing Sanson and Naka there's clearly room for him. We're not blocking his pathway when he's clearly an amazing talent. 

With comparisons to Archer it's different Strikers need games to grow as they're in and out of it. The number of touches they get vs a midfielder is massively different. I think we should have always planned Archer to get 24 months on loan. So next season I want to see him doing a full season on Loan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

That might be the case, I just hope if we do recall him, he doesn’t just sit on the bench like Archer. Personally, I’d be happy to send him out on loan again next season and just let him continue his development playing 35+ games in a season. 

Nah i reckon Tim has been more ready than all the other youngsters even BEFORE he went on this loan.

His physical attributes, in addition to his rapid development, plus his versatility means he can be useful sooner.

I have very high hopes for this boy.

Future general in our midfield IMO.

Could eventually replace the likes of Dendonker for example.

He is so well rounded I feel he could replace and/or be back up for any of the midfield positions.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Another compilation. The secrets out. When you see him do the simple stuff so efficiently it bodes well for the future  . Especially as he makes the more difficult stuff look so simple as well. I really do not know what his ceiling will be because potentially it is huuuuuugggeee

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Next season, back with us....He has to join the first team, and get game time....Has to develop with us, like JJ did.

I just have this dream of Emery clicking on youtube highlights and his face lighting up as he realises he has a proper talent on his hands. His balance is unbelievable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I just have this dream of Emery clicking on youtube highlights and his face lighting up as he realises he has a proper talent on his hands. His balance is unbelievable. 

He still has stuff to do, but I love his play.

paradoxiclly..doing the simple stuff, is amongst the hardest things to do.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

Next season, back with us....He has to join the first team, and get game time....Has to develop with us, like JJ did.

There will be space. Nakamba and Sanson will surely leave so that will be a bench spot.

Said before I'd cash in on McGinn and from what I've seen of Tim he certainly has the profile to give us what McGinn could at his best with good forward runs.

The scary thing with this kid (much like Carney) is the way that he bossed games and dominated at u21 level, then when he's stepped up he's gone and done exactly the same against men who are seasoned pro's.

He could play in our team at the moment no problem at all.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 2

Â