Tim Iroegbunam

useless

On 18/12/2022 at 19:05, MWARLEY2 said:

He is a non scoring non assisting attacking midfielder for them at the moment just like JJ was for us 2 seasons ago.  Gerrard identified him clearly as a DM. The reality is he is too good at breaking the lines due to his massive acceleration. He has mastered the slow down/ accelerate away way of playing already .  

When the goals start flying in and his passing becomes a little more accurate we will see a truly exceptional player in our ranks.  Tackling   passing, pace , acceleration, quick feet  amazing body swerve,  strength  . The kids got the lot 

Really liking what I read about him, he showed last season what he can offer to the team. I think we have a good platform for the midfield, Kamara, Luiz are class. They’re young aswell. Then you have Ramsey and Tim. Dendoncker could be a backup for a while. Great depth. I don’t mind McGinn being last in order but will he be ok with it? also will we have a proper offer for him? 
Amazing because when you think of it, with Gerrard we thought that was our weakest area.

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Worth watching as its basically 50 percent Tim. It shows how differently he is being used at QPR.  and it shows his huge skillset and athleticism . Who knew he was more Jacob Ramsey than Kamara.  

what a player he looks like he is going to be.

I can see him being around the first team next season (and actually being used a lot by Emery).

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Worth watching as its basically 50 percent Tim. It shows how differently he is being used at QPR.  and it shows his huge skillset and athleticism . Who knew he was more Jacob Ramsey than Kamara.  

He's bulked up! We have a player on our hands here

Edited by Lupinthe5th

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/12/2022 at 17:48, messi11 said:

Got AI to write to chant about him 

image.png

I thought it was an Xmas song at first, with Oh, oh,oh....then realised it was football song.

maybe he can add to it, for next Xmas.

• Like 1

Links to Germany are probably made up as English media link most highly rated young players to Germany, just because of Bellingham, Sancho, and Musiala, but also it wouldn't surprise me either, Athletic already said 'elite' Premier League teams watching him. Only turned nineteen this season and one of the standout midfielders in the Championship, not an easy feat for someone his age and in his first season proper at first team level.

Thankfully contracted to us until 2027, as signed the maximum allowed three year contract when he turned seventeen, and when and when he was allowed to once turned he eighteen he extended his contract again.

31 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Kamara / Iroegbunam central midfield is the future 🥰

Cannot really argue with that.  Look at how he beats players so easily . And when he tackles he knocks them flying.  He is what you could potentially call a complete midfielder if he starts scoring.  The player Carney wishes he could be . 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Villa Gaffa said:

I wonder if there is a temptation to recall him now and partner him with kamara to gain some experience for next season.

Have dougie playing in front of them. 

Playing regularly at QPR is the biggest experience he can gain, but If we were to recall him he’d be better suited in an advanced role, the Mcginn, Buendia  or Ramsey role. 

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Playing regularly at QPR is the biggest experience he can gain, but If we were to recall him he’d be better suited in an advanced role, the Mcginn, Buendia  or Ramsey role. 

He does look like he’ll be more than a standard DM, a 6/8 hybrid. From that video he is fond of travelling with the ball. I can see him and Kamara in the pivot, with Tim license to bomb forward.

Â