Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

• 2 weeks later...

Im hopingbits not our fans but sime muppets on instagram have put stupid comments where bailey has said to diaby  "finally welcome my brother" comments like your going on the bench now and rubbish like that.

Honestly 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Some very iffy links to Saudi side Al Nassr (home of Ronaldo)

Here we go again. I genuinely believe so many of these links to Saudi teams are just made up. Even the Mbappe one. The Saudi teams will never confirm or deny them so unless the move actually happens, we’re all non the wiser but can continue talking about how Saudi Arabia is taking over football. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Here we go again. I genuinely believe so many of these links to Saudi teams are just made up. Even the Mbappe one. The Saudi teams will never confirm or deny them so unless the move actually happens, we’re all non the wiser but can continue talking about how Saudi Arabia is taking over football. 

Yeah if they sign Bailey they've truly taken over football. Game over man, game over.

• Haha 2

On 14/07/2023 at 19:17, Vincenzo said:

Looking at highlights from last season, Leon Bailey is involved in a lot of key moments. He shows glimpses of quality 

Not consistent but he’s a winger. Wingers generally aren’t, Tony Morley could be shocking some games

Selling him doesn’t make much sense to me tbh

I think he looked like he was working more towards a plan in the final stages of last season (i.e. like he knew what he was supposed to be trying to do) - and set up a few guilt edged chances.  I think he'll do well off the bench this season and hopefully is one of those players that if he gains some early confidence, will look almost like a new signing.  I'm sure he'll continue to have the odd 'mare - but also the impact of those are likely to be less significant if we have the likes of Diaby and ANO scoring / setting up assists and Ollie gets closer to / beyond the 20 league goals holy grail.

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I genuinely believe so many of these links to Saudi teams are just made up. Even the Mbappe one. 

I think the opposite actually.  I think the Saudi clubs have put the feelers out for pretty much every single player in the top 4 European leagues to see who is interested.  They will take pretty much any 'known' player who is interested in their 'project'.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think the opposite actually.  I think the Saudi clubs have put the feelers out for pretty much every single player in the top 4 European leagues to see who is interested.  They will take pretty much any 'known' player who is interested in their 'project'.

Which shows how few are actually interested in my opinion. 

Anyway back on topic, I’d like to see Bailey given another season. 

22 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think it’s more the players agents putting the feelers out to Saudi. 

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952rvlgg4vg4d0xuobamq

If it was the case that we got an offer of, say, £20m for him and that allowed us the FFP room to buy Doku, I'd be all over this. 

I feel for Leon, but he hasn't been the same since that original Everton injury. Guy just doesn't want to go full tilt it seems. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

If it was the case that we got an offer of, say, £20m for him and that allowed us the FFP room to buy Doku, I'd be all over this. 

I feel for Leon, but he hasn't been the same since that original Everton injury. Guy just doesn't want to go full tilt it seems. 

He's never been the same since that debut :)

• Like 1

I obviously don't want him to go... BUT

If I take my biased Jamaican/villan hat off , it would probably be a win for all parties concerned. Leon gets to be in a League on the come up where he has the potential to boss it, he also gets to become stinking rich tax free and put that money back into JA ( He does alot of charity ) We get a good amount of money for once and potentially invest in other areas.

Would be gutted though as wanted to see if he could have even one more season and if along with Diaby he could turn.

I can already see Craig Butler asking " What colour is your Bugatti? " in Tate gait. lol

EDIT: Being in Saudi wouldn't affect his international chances either, for obvious reasons.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Im hopingbits not our fans but sime muppets on instagram have put stupid comments where bailey has said to diaby  "finally welcome my brother" comments like your going on the bench now and rubbish like that.

Honestly 

They are pathetic but sadly I’d be pretty sure they are our fans.

• Like 1

Â