Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I suppose with 2 years left… he either isn’t going to sign a new deal (or demands are too high), he’s not highly rated/valued and we want to get a good fee for him while we can… or he wants away? Not willing to be a squad or backup/rotational player?

🤔 

Certainly one or more of the above👍. As villan-scott has already said, finding someone prepared to pay anything approaching what we want for him, will be the problem. We need someone who is able to do what Leon does for us occasionally on a consistent basis. I would guess his agent wouldn't want him to stay, if we plan to sign someone to fill the same role. 

Maybe this isn’t certain… he might be available for sale but only at a certain price. If it isn’t met, he’ll still be involved 🤷‍♂️ 

Could do with some more info really, what is actually going on?

Doesn’t make sense to take a loss on him.

Haven’t got much of a clue regarding finances and FFP, what’s the minimum fee we would need to avoid taking a hit?

Edited by Jas10

I still remember when his dad told us he’d use us as a stepping stone because his son was so good and it was inevitable he’d play at the highest level. Or something along those lines.

Yeh, about that. Good luck, mate.

He’s been a very poor signing given the money spent to be perfectly honest. Fulham away last year was genuinely one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from anybody in a Villa shirt. Ultimately, it got Gerrard the sack though so hats off to the lad!

Get rid if a decent offer comes in. Same goes for Buendia and Traore. It’s about time we got some quality in those wide/no.10 positions. We’ve been poor in this area for too long. 

Didn’t anticipate this when we signed him. He was known as such a talented player and it seemed like a major coup for us at the time… was a lot of excitement.

It’s a shame how some players and managers come here to die and ruin their careers 😆🤦‍♂️

Question. Has he ever had a good game away from Villa Park? Like @Tomaszk says, you can count the good performances on one hand, I just can’t remember him ever playing well away?

Can’t see anybody bidding more than €15m for him which I imagine isn’t enough. 

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Collomosse isn’t really one for making up shite or creating false rumours…quite respected and reputable.

But… could he be mistaken or something here? It’s just a short line, no detail or explanation:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12287727/Aston-Villas-transfer-mistakes-warning-Unai-Emery-learned-lesson.html

Yeah seems odd especially since he was emery's first choice and Ramsey is going to be hurt for at least the first 5 league games and 2 conference league games. Combined with league and FA cup we could be having upwards of 55 fixtures if we make runs in all 3 comps. 

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Doesn’t make sense to take a loss on him.

Haven’t got much of a clue regarding finances and FFP, what’s the minimum fee we would need to avoid taking a hit?

Paid around £28m on a 4 year deal. 2 years gone so his FFP value is now £14m.  Someone would probably want him for £14m and we'd save his wages as well, which could pay the salary for another player.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Bailey looked explosive against Everton at home in 21/22 but very hit and miss thereafter. 

He hurt himself that game and then did his hamstring like 3 games after (games in which he played well) and since then he can't seem to trust his pace. 

Disappointed. I was so excited when we signed him but his injuries have curtailed his ability to perform well and whilst he’s made some decent contributions overall he’s not hit the heights I was anticipating.

The one i was most excited about. Watched his Bundesliga highlights repeatedly. Seemed genuinely ultra quick . Had so much composure and skill and a brilliant shot. 

His shooting has been decent overall . But the rest of it has never been put together at the same time. 

Â