Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Indeed.

Personally, like others, of course I think he's been underwhelming overall.

However, nowhere near as bad as some would try to make it seem.

He has contributed crucially to our points tally regardless of the aesthetics of it.

I'm also empathetic to the fact that he has had injury which seems to have knocked both his confidence and willingness to push himself.

That being said, obviously as a Villa fan I'm well aware he needs to do better, and more consistently to have a chance here.

I'm not sure " what to expect" from him to be honest, but I think it's " sink or swim " time.

We could do much worse than having him in the squad though imo

I really want him to come good, and I think there is definitely a player in there, let’s see what the the Sultan can do with him in pre season 

• Like 2

On 28/06/2023 at 15:04, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Indeed.

Personally, like others, of course I think he's been underwhelming overall.

However, nowhere near as bad as some would try to make it seem.

He has contributed crucially to our points tally regardless of the aesthetics of it.

I'm also empathetic to the fact that he has had injury which seems to have knocked both his confidence and willingness to push himself.

That being said, obviously as a Villa fan I'm well aware he needs to do better, and more consistently to have a chance here.

I'm not sure " what to expect" from him to be honest, but I think it's " sink or swim " time.

We could do much worse than having him in the squad though imo

The one thing you always see in him, too, is desire. Yeah, it's not enough in isolation without the finishing or passing skills, etc., and not the only thing in character that matters, but I think he's coachable to higher levels. He always brings an energy to the match and has a way of tying up a lot of the opposition's energy. His family, too, is such a driving force. He's got that massive support there, in the background, which means he's going to keep fighting. I wouldn't want to bet against him turning things around in terms of consistency. And not a good time to move him. I look at where he came from, the kind of poverty "Chippy" escaped in Kingston, and it's just like, wow, what a story. I want him to do well more than most players, you know? And yet, even then, I know no one is entitled to a spot on the Villa squad. It has to be earned and maintained. Fingers and toes crossed ...

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

Playing again tonight.

Highlights don't look good so far given the standard of the opposition. Missed a pen and then missed the open goal follow up, also missed an open goal from 6 yards in another game.

I don't really get the Gold Cup thing, the stadiums are almost completely empty. I assume he's going to need some time off after all this and will almost certainly not be ready for us until September, which is a massive shame because he needed a proper pre-season.

Just now, MaVilla said:

image.png.ccab769348de6fc1d7374abbf86a4445.png

Oh... it's working fine for me lol.

If you are in the UK... your powers that me may have screwed you again lol.

Maybe try looking directly for CONCACAF channel on Youtube to see if it works.

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh... it's working fine for me lol.

If you are in the UK... your powers that me may have screwed you again lol.

Maybe try looking directly for CONCACAF channel on Youtube to see if it works.

ye UK, naught naughty UK, bad boy.

Edited by MaVilla

On 28/06/2023 at 17:07, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Surely this is FIFA or AI generated?

By all accounts he's never been capable of running, beating a player,.assisting or scoring. Lol

Contributed absolutely nothing since he's been here apparently

Who's said he's contributed nothing exactly?

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Jamaica’s front 4 is pretty decent. They should be winning this game.  Bailey needs to the ball more.

Antonio is a brute ain't he?

If only he had a better touch ffs.

He throws people about in Concacaf lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â